Friday, May 8, 2020

What I Ate Plus Thoughts!

The flowers are slowly turning to leaves. This tree's flowers smell so good, I love walking by them on my walks for some aromatherapy! I wish spring would hang around a little longer, I'm already dreading the hot, dry summer.


 I had my celery and apple juice when I got home from my walk. I really don't know how people drink straight celery juice with no fruit. Strong souls.
I've been drinking a lot of this. I love yogi teas because of their tags. There are some days when the tag says something so spot on it's almost creepy!
I remember someone telling me this when I was younger, and so wrapped up in my self destructive and self hating lifestyle and I just rolled my eyes, and thought "whatever."
I had some leftover lentil and potato curry soup for breakfast. It's really tough to make lentil soup look appetizing, but this was really tasty!
I've been allowing myself a cup of coffee here and there, especially on those super sluggish days. But I try to really limit the coffee for and emergency, and definitely in the morning. But I have always loved the taste of coffee, so I sometimes have this in the afternoon if I'm craving it.
When I was little, my grandpa had a heart attack, and was told he had to change his diet, including giving up caffeine. So my grandparents switched to decaf. He grumbled about it everyday! He thought it tasted different, wasn't as good all that. He was how I am with gluten free stuff! Ha! It makes me feel close to him.
Salad, rice, and sticky spicy tofu!


Best dressing ever!!!


I am so happy that Bottle Caps are accidentally vegan! These were one of my favorite candies as a kid! Root beer is my favorite! Joan thinks the grape smell better!
Bubba hopes everyone is staying safe and healthy out there. And he wishes everyone a happy weekend!!!









2 comments:

  1. That tree is so pretty! And such a nice way to remember your grandpa with the decaf coffee! Your sticky spicy tofu looks amazing! I forgot about bottlecaps; it's been so long since I've had them! Happy weekend to you, too, Bubba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good weekend too Bubba!
    I love that you can feel close to your grandpa with your coffee. <3
    And that shiitake sesame dressing sounds frigging amazing.

    ReplyDelete