Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Dinner and Dessert

This was my delicious, kind of thrown together dinner last night. I had rehydrated some soy curls, and decided to marinate them in some Korean BBQ sauce/marinade. I sauteed the soy curls in a pan until they got a little golden, then tossed in some cooked rice noodles, and a sauce I made with black bean sauce, hoisin and some sambal oelek. Served with some romaine tossed in a sesame dressing. So simple and tasty!
About a month or so ago, I found these oatmilk bars at Target. They have raspberry and mint. I bought them both, but lost that picture and the box is gone. It looks just like this except green.
I'm a fan of Chloe's fruit pops, especially the mango, so I figured I would LOVE these. Boy, was I wrong!
They aren't bad, but they also aren't great. They lack flavor.  I thought for sure the raspberry would be my favorite, but it's just so dull. It needs more raspberries, or maybe some lemon juice, or more chocolate chips, just something! The mint was a bit better just because mint is a stronger flavor, but it was still dull. The texture is pretty nice and creamy, but man I can't get past the dull flavor. Five out of ten, will not buy again. Maybe the mint if it's on clearance!



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I was not expecting those pops to be so meh. I actually had to do a double take and reread because I was sure I had misread it wrong! Alas, such a shame.

    The soy curl bowl looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing what you did with the soy curls! So far I've only put mine in soup, but I want to branch out.

    ReplyDelete