Tuesday, June 16, 2020

So Much Catching Up!



I was at Trader Joe's a couple of weeks ago, and spied these. They're made with cashews and coconut, and are around three something a package. I didn't pick them up during that trip, but I'm sure I will eventually try them.

I did get these to try. I already was a fan of the original spud crunchy things, and adding ketchup flavor makes them even better! I highly recommend, and definitely will buy again!
I'm always complaining about gluten free everything, in my opinion gluten free anything is always way too expensive, and not good at all. These gluten free sandwich buns are of course not amazing, but they are under five dollars which sadly is a deal, and they aren't too bad. I will definitely buy again. I found them in the freezer section of Smith's.


Ever since the pandemic hit, Natural Grocers has been out of soy curls. I've missed them so much, and luckily they've finally restocked!!
Last night I put some to delicious use. I made spicy hoisin soy curls, with some rice and served it in creamy butter lettuce wraps. Butter lettuce is so tender and flexible, it really makes the best lettuce cups!! I dipped my cups in a spicy peanut sauce. Delicious. Soy curls, don't ever leave me again!!



2 comments:

  1. Yay for soy curls being back in stock!
    There is enough gluten free stuff around these days that you think that they would have cracked the code on how to make things really good. I had this gluten free apple pie in my freezer that I cooked and I literally had to throw the pastry out it was so foul. At least the filling was nice! But seriously, gluten free companies get it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the perfect meal to celebrate the soy curls being back in stock!

    ReplyDelete