Sunday, June 21, 2020

Vegan Sprouts Haul!

I went to Sprouts for some groceries Friday morning. I was feeling testy for some reason, and I felt like Trader Joe's would just be too much. Sprouts is very peaceful early weekday mornings. And it's getting to be that time of year in SLC where being out past eleven AM is so scorching hot it's unbearable. Well, unbearable if you aren't a Utah native.
Also, you really can't beat their prices on produce. Sometimes they're almost giving it away!
These are three clearance items I scored. The unrefined, organic coconut oil was $1.99!!! I would have gotten more, but it was the last one. And finding Califia Farms creamer on clearance is a huge score! The avocado crisps are TERRIBLE!! Like sawdust in both testure and flavor. Even on clearance, I feel totally cheated!!!
Coconut milk, tomato, raspberries, fresh salad rolls, kombucha, mango, apple,celery, cilantro,lemons,lime popsicles, tofu, lemongrass ginger tea, gluten free bread

I realized as I was taking this picture that this is a very green haul! It makes me feel so healthy, Ha!
Bubba has discovered the joy of catnip!! It's so funny to watch him play and roll around with it! I give them all catnip hoping that one of these dayss they'll all play together. Right now they all kind of awkwardly watch him play, and he does the same!!! Kind of like middle school!

5 comments:

  1. I had a similar excitement finding unrefined coconut oil on clearance a while back--and it was a big tub and lasted me a long time! It does taste of coconut but what's not to love?

    Looks like the manufacturers all got together and decided green was the best color! This is really funny, because cool colors like green and blue supposedly suppress appetites and make people buy less food. (This is why all major fast food franchises heavily use orange and red in their branding.) I guess the whole green movement might be changing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the flavor, and also I use unrefined for skin care!
      I've heard people who are on diets say they put their meals on blue plates for weight loss. That stuff is so interesting!

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the avocado chips, they sound terrible.

    Bubba is so cute with his nip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that Bubba enjoys catnip! Hopefully everyone will join in on the fun together soon!

    ReplyDelete