Saturday, June 27, 2020

Trader Joe's Haul!

It's been awhile since I've braved Trader Joe's. Even though they limit the number of people allowed in the store, it still stresses me out. It's like people are still meandering and clogging the aisles, but also in a rush. It's a weird energy and I just don't love it. But, yesterday I was pleasantly surprised, I was breezed right in, and there were very few shoppers. I had lucky timing, because when I left there was a pretty long line to get in!
Ginger, butter lettuce, romaine, celery, frozen pineapple,lemons,russet potatoes,black beans,water kefir,onion, garlic,tofu sour gummies,sweet potato,dill pickle popcorn, fruit frenzy bars,sunflower butter cups,zhoug sauce,carrots,portobello mushrooms, blood oranges
I went shopping on an empty stomach, so I impulse bought these to eat while waiting for the bus home. They're made with dates and nuts or seeds. They remind me of stuff you eat while camping or hiking. I would definitely take some of these on another road trip.
The star of the haul is this sauce!! I've wanted to try this for so long, and for one reason or another never do. I finally grabbed some yesterday, and I'm so glad I did! It's spicy, and herb-y and just really fresh. Like a pesto, but made with jalapenos and cilantro!
Last night I made some herb-y roasted potatoes, some nooch-y, herb-y soy curls, and a little butter leaf salad. The sauce is zhoug sauce mixed with a little veganaise. Really delicious. I'm dreaming about all the ways to use that delicious sauce!



3 comments:

  1. Wow, how do you make those soy curls? This whole meal looks SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a good shopping trip to TJs! And I am glad that the sauce lived up to your hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your trip to Trader Joe's went well! And that meal looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete