Friday, May 31, 2019

Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

I've had this cauliflower pizza crust in my freezer for so long I almost forgot about it! Trader Joe's used to have frozen gluten free pizza crusts that I loved. They were a great deal too, they were three something and came with two in a pack. Unfortunately they replaced those crusts with this one. Don't get me wrong, I do like the cauliflower crust, it's just that I LOVED those gluten free crusts.
Anyway, I decided to have pizza last night. I made some BBQ lentils, and used those as the sauce, and then added Violife shredded cheddar, red onions, and pepperoncini peppers. I topped it with cashew ranch and cholula once it was out of the oven. Really, really satisfying and delicious!
The crust really doesn't taste like cauliflower, especially when you top it with strong flavors. And believe it or not you can eat it with your hands. Even with a pretty thick layer of lentils in BBQ sauce I could still pick it up and eat it with my hands.
I don't like the cauliflower crust as much as I love their cauliflower gnocchi, but it's still not a half bad gluten free option.


5 comments:

  1. That looks so good! It's nice that they have a gluten free options and BBQ lentils sounds like such a great topping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still liked the old gluten free crusts better! Maybe they'll caome back after the cauliflower trend is over!!

      Delete
  2. I remember seeing so many recipes a year or so ago for cauliflower pizza crust. I mentioned it once to my husband and he shot me down so fast lol. I am still alittle curious though I know it wouldn't be the same as gluten filled pizza crust

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a cauliflower pizza crust in the supermarket here the other day. But it was just a regular wheat crust with cauliflower added? They also had a sweet potato one which was the same deal. Seems weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cauliflower pizza is literally just cauliflower rice and a binder. It became super popular with the whole paleo/low carb crowd because it has no grains in it. I never want to knock anything till I try it, but it ain't pizza. Though it seems like a perfectly acceptable vehicle to get pizza sauce and cheese in my mouth. (or so I think I've never tried it, my husband won't let me XD)

      Delete