Saturday, May 4, 2019

Sprouts Haul Plus Snacks and Cats!

Yesterday was grocery day so I made a quick trip to Sprouts. I definitely didn't have it in me to stop at Trader Joe's. I'll have to try and make it there sometime during the week. Friday's can be as bad as the weekend here so I have to be feeling really strong to go.I got some random things, I've been feeling uninspired in the kitchen so when I shop nothing really pops out at me.
watermelon zinger tea, bulk red beans, bulk rice, red hot peppers, kumato tomatoes,lemons, beanfields chips, vegan Rob's chips, sweet mini peppers, carrots, blackberries,bulk spices,tofu,vegan protein powder
Did you guys know these existed?? I love Beanfields chips but I haven't heard of this flavor! Yes, they are vegan! I couldn't resist trying these. They were on sale, plus I know Beanfield's makes excellent chips so it seemed like a pretty safe choice!
I had to try these too. They were also on sale, and I loved the cheddar puffs so much! I think these are supposed to be like a vegan hot cheeto? To be honest I've never had a hot cheeto, as a matter of fact I never really cared for cheetos in my pregan days. Or the devil's chip, Doritos!! I tried some of these as soon as I got home! I wouldn't call them super spicy, definitely not fire breathing as the bag states, but they do have a mild, smoky kick. So far Vegan Rob's has really blown my mind with their products!!
This totally disgusted me. A loaf of gluten free bread for fifteen dollars ON SALE!! Normally it's seventeen!! I mean that makes me physically ill. I know it's made with coconut flour, but come on. I thought the six to ten dollar price range was ridiculous. I don't know why I get so triggered by ridiculously high food prices. I've been poor my whole life and can handle not being able to afford a lot of things, but for some reason stuff like this infuriates me.
This cuddle pile was happening yesterday! Everyone but Joan was in the mix!! I love catching them like this!!
This is what Joan was doing. Being a pouty loaf because she wanted to play and everyone was napping!





7 comments:

  1. I would choose Sprouts over Trader Joe's any day, crowds not even being a factor. That haul looks so awesome, I can't wait to see all of the yummy meals you make. Those Beanfield's chips sound amazing, I definitely hope I can find them! I don't blame you for trying them! The price on the gluten free bread is absolutely disgusting, it's horrible how much they gouge people on special diets. I am sure it costs more to produce but there is no way it costs that much. Ridiculous.

    Sweet cuddle pile! They are seriously the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried the chips, but I am seriously excited to!
      I am still pissed about the bread!! Six or seven dollars for gluten free bread is ridiculous enough!! The price gouging is insane!!

      Delete
  2. Yeah i would totally shop at Sprouts all the time too! I can totally relate on the lack of inspiration, maybe a trip to the library for some new cookbooks would help? I’ve been making a few bean based salads lately, trying to perfect my lentil salad and figure out a curry dressing for it. Latest version I included shredded nappa cabbage, shredded carrots, a ton of cilantro and some scallions, the cooked green lentils and some sliced almonds i scored on sale. I think it needs celery.

    Vegan rob is really on it with the snacky flavors! Hot cheetos didn’t exist when i was a kid. I was indifferent to doritos or cheetos- regular potato chips were more appealing but also more of a rare treat than everyday thing.
    Apparently that company is keto, paleo, low carb, gf, etc which certainly doesn’t rationalize the insane price but keto and paleo people are probably delusional in general and maybe don’t notice they’re being robbed?? ;))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pick up a cookbook at the library, and I bookmarked some recipes but other than that it's just been sitting on my table collecting dust. That lentil salad sounds delicious. I definitely think celery would be a good addition! I like celery and lentils together!
      I was always a plain chip girl too. Especially plain Ruffles. It's because they're so salty!!
      What I find interesting is that Sprouts sells Vegan Robs at a decent price, but at Smith's and other stores they're ridiculous, which is why I so rarely buy them.
      The keto people are insane when it comes to what they will pay!!Like it seriously blows my mind!!
      I do wish some vegan healthy-ish snacks weren't so expensive. We can't change the world when a lot of the people can't afford the change!!

      Delete
  3. Awwww... sweet Joan. Get in on that amazing cuddle puddle! I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading an article about 4 different guys with different income brackets, one from the poverty line, all the way to a guy making over a million a year. The guy would made over a million a year was married and had one kid, and was like "We cook everything at home, so we save a lot of money that way" BUT HE SPENT LIKE $400 a week on groceries. Maybe that wasn't it, but I remember it was WAAAAY more than what I spend. I couldn't fathom what he or his wife might be buying. I would say that bread but it was a pretty old article lol. Some overpriced foods I can get, but $15 for a loaf of bread that isn't fresh is a little CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Beanfields chips sound really fun; I'll have to keep an eye out for that flavor! What an adorable cuddle pile, and sweet Joan!

    ReplyDelete