Monday, May 27, 2019

Groove-ish

                               


I love The Happy Pear! They make some really easy and delicious recipes. They don't use a lot of expensive or hard to find ingredients, and their recipes aren't super complicated. They make a lot of homey, one pot kind of meals.  I saw this a couple of weeks ago, and finally got around to making it! I subbed kale for the fennel, and I shredded some smoked tofu and added that to the mix. I've also never had butter beans, so this was a first. I also found out that butter beans and lima beans are the same thing! Learning with food!
I even made my own breadcrumbs which I have never done! I just processed the little bits at the bottom of a cracker bag, and toasted a gluten free bagel and processed that. So easy! Even though this is a casserole made with cashew cream, because it's all veggies it's still light and doesn't make you feel like you need a nap. I had mine with a little salad and it was a perfect meal.
I also made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! I loosely used this recipe. I used oat flour in place of AP, and I used applesauce for the oil, although I did add about two tablespoons of coconut oil because I feel baked goods need a little fat. I still like my cookies to taste like cookies.
I wouldn't say I have my cooking groove back, but it did feel good to make some things and follow some recipes. But when I start creating my own recipes again I'll know I got my groove back!



6 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy. It is cooling down here, so comforting casseroles are just the thing. I love butter beans, they are so creamy.

    Have you seen The Emperor's New Groove? All this talk of groove just made me think of it. One of my favourite Disney movies. It is so funny and silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so comforting. I had never had butter beans because I alwways thought I hated lima beans!! They are really delicious though. I want to try and make hummus with them!
      I haven't seen The Emporor's New Groove!

      Delete
  2. Oooh what great looking food! The casserole sounds so delicious and YES COOKIES!!!!! Those sound awesome, I really need to make some to keep in the freezer for a sweet fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't had cookies in so long, it was nice having my apartment smell like cookies!!

      Delete
  3. That casserole looks super yummy! And so do the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The casserole sounds so good, and yay for making cookies!

    ReplyDelete