Sunday, May 12, 2019

What This Vegan Ate!

I had the day off yesterday, so I figured I would take a picture of everything I ate! It wasn't the most exciting day of eating, but it was tasty and healthy and I had peanut sauce!
I started the day with celery, strawberry and pineapple juice. It was actually pretty good. I will say celery is very strong and overpowers even pineapple! Someone I watch on YouTube has been drinking celery juice for over sixty days in a row, and her skin has been looking so incredible lately. It's hard to deny benefits when you can see it! I just can't drink celery juice straight, so I'm adding fruits to make it more palatable!
This watermelon is surprisingly good for this time of year!! It was pretty sweet and didn't have that weird mealy texture watermelon can sometimes have!
vanilla protein powder, blackberries, avocado, flaxmeal,water


I had a few of these thin rice cakes with hummus and pickled sweet jalapenos. I'm not a fan of the jalapenos because of the sweetness. I found them on a woohoo sale and should have passed. They're okay with the hummus so I'm trying to use them up that way.
For dinner I had another rice and tofu bowl with some Romaine and a spicy peanut sauce. I love this meal so much. It's a budget friendly meal that doesn't feel like a budget meal. The peanut sauce is so simple, but I wrote down what I did in case anyone is looking for a really simple sauce!


                                                               Spicy Peanut Sauce
  • 1 Small clove of garlic, minced
  • 2 Generous T. Peanut Butter
  • 1 1/2 T. Tamari, Soy Sauce, or Liquid/coconut amino
  • 1 T. Rice Wine Vinegar
  • 3/4 T. Roasted Sesame Oil
  • 1 T. Red Chili Paste
  • 3 to 4 T. Water
Add peanut butter and water into a bowl or jar and stir to combine. It sometimes takes a while, but it will happen. Once the sauce is smooth, add all other ingredients and stir or shake to combine! Try not to eat it like soup!



5 comments:

  1. Peanut sauce makes everything happy!
    I'm glad the watermelon was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh your meals look so good! I'm glad the watermelon was good and the drinks look really delicious too. I can't do celery juice, I don't care how good your skin looks, ha! The tofu bowl with peanut sauce looks amazing, I need it in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The celery juice is pretty brutal, but it is a lot better mixed with fruit. I am going to try and stick with it for at least thirty days!

      Delete
  3. Yay for yummy watermelon, and your dinner looks incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete