Friday, May 3, 2019

Some Laughs, a Meal and Some Cats!

    
                                                                                                                          
If you have a few minutes and have ever been to a Trader Joe's, you should watch this video! What he says about the people who shop at Trader Joe's is hilarious and true! I know people can be rude and inconsiderate everywhere, but it's a special kind of rude at Trader Joe's. Like they make an aggressive choice to forget that other people do in fact exist.
Last night I was craving that Asian sesame salad that come in a bag with the dressing. I found a different mix, it was like BBQ ranch or something, but it had all the same veggies on sale for $1.99 so I bought that, tossed out the dressing and made my own sesame dressing! I saved two dollars and my meal was also healthier because of it! With some baked tofu it was just what I wanted!!
The cuddle is real!!
Today is grocery day, so lets hope I can make it in and out of Trader Joe's without having a meltdown!!!


11 comments:

  1. That bit was priceless! The nearest Trader Joe's to me is located in a posh, upscale suburb, so there's always a bunch of snooty be-yotches shopping in there, but it's mostly not particularly stressful. I guess in NYC it's particularly cutthroat. But I'm just like him, I'll never shy away from a confrontation in the name of justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Trader Joe's here is not really aggressive, but it's full of women who are maybe the most inconsiderate people I've ever experienced! I probably would never feel brave enough to try a Trader Joe's in NYC!!
      I'm the same way about Justice!

      Delete
  2. OMG LOL that video is hilarious! And I can totally see that happening, I can practically hear her obnoxious voice. Good for him for standing his ground! Too damn funny.

    That salad looks so good! I can't wait to get more veggies in my life… probably from Trader Joe's ha! Aww little snuggles!

    Good luck with your shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hear the voice too!! I could never imagine a Trader Joe's in NYC!!!
      The salad was so good. I have definitely been craving more salads lately!

      Delete
  3. I'm done with HCH and spouse. Way too hypocritical on veganism, minimalism, diet and exercise. Too many core value shifts make watching their videos uncomfortable.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPO_uL-GmNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched her in well over a year. I think she is helpful to veganism, she has a lot of fans/followers whatever, but I felt she was too obsessed with clean eating and losing weight. It was slightly triggering for me.

      Delete
  4. If HCH considers herself to be a minimalist still it's a damn joke. They may live in a tiny house but they are anything but minimalist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your trip to TJ's went OK! I would have thought people in WholeFoods would have been ruder? I haven't been to many TJs in my travels to the US, I find their layout confusing and I have a hard time finding things. I guess you need to get used to them, or have a handy friend to guide you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go!! I wasn't emotionally strong enough! Ha ha! I don't shop at Whole Foods often enough to know how the shoppers are. But I imagine it's pretty bad if I'm being honest!!
      I could see where Trader Joe's would be confusing. It's defibnitely different than other groceries. If you ever come to SLC I'll be your Trader Joe's guide!!

      Delete
  6. I wish I could lend you my Trader Joe's! The people aren't rude! And it isn't TOO crazy, though the parking lot is dumb, I'm always afraid of getting hit and usually just go straight for the back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could too! I don't drive so the parking lot wouldn't even be an issue!! Treasure and adore your Trader Joe's!!!

      Delete