Thursday, May 16, 2019

Celery Juice and Cheap Eats

It seems like all I've been seeing is tulips, but I saw these on my way to work the other day. I think they're called pom pom flowers? They remind me of dandelion fluff, just purple.
I've still been drinking the celery juice. Today is day six. This is celery and pineapple. Pineapple is your best friend if you're trying to juice a veggie you don't really like. The sweetness and acidity really break through whatever funky taste you're trying to avoid.
I cooked some lentils yesterday morning, and then let them marinate in BBQ sauce all day. Then I just stuffed them in some baked potatoes and had that with a salad. Delicious, one of my favorite super easy dinners. I had also attempted some almond ranch, but my blender was being a pain and it was a little chunky. Tasty but chunky, a little weird.
This would be a great summer party meal. You can make the lentils ahead of time, and potatoes are delicious on the grill. You also could feed an army for very little money with this meal!!



8 comments:

  1. Hi. Why are you drinking celery juice if you don't really like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The health benefits. I watch someone on YouTube who has been drinking it for sixty plus days and her skin looks so incredibly beautiful. She drinks it straight which I can't do. It's just a little experiment. I don't hate it, I just don't love it either.

      Delete
    2. That's a good reason. I hope your celery juice experiment is incredibly successful!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, baked potatoes with bbq lentils and almond ranch???? That sounds AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! It's become one of my favorite easy meals, and it's so cheap!

      Delete
  3. That potato looks so good! I don't think I've ever heard of an almond based ranch before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using almonds instead of cashews because they're cheaper. It tasted great, just was too chunky!

      Delete
  4. OMG that potato looks AMAZING!!! I need that in my life!!! The flowers are gorgeous, I'm so happy it is finally spring.

    ReplyDelete