Friday, May 24, 2019

Follow Your Heart Vegan Yogurt!

Did you know that Follow Your Heart made yogurt? I had no idea until I saw someone reviewing all the flavors on YouTube. I assumed these were brand new, but I found an article from August 2018 and I gues it's been out since last fall. I didn't really expect to see it in my parts anytime soon, but I was wrong! I spotted it at Sprouts this week. FYH has nine flavors, but Sprouts only had plain and vanilla. I only use plain yogurt when I'm making tzatziki so I chose vanilla. I see people eat plain yogurt with fruit and I just cannot.
There's good and bad news about this yogurt. The good news is FYH did yogurt justice! The flavor was amazing, and more important the texture was what I always want vegan yogurt to be. Fluffy but not too fluffy, and thick but not too thick. And not thick in that weird cornstarch/ whatever thickener kind of way. This is thick, but fluffy. Like you could eat it with a fork if need be. It was almost like pudding. So, so good!! And you can see the flecks from the vanilla bean which I love. It was sweet, but not too sweet and tastes very natural.Vegan yogurts in my opinion are either too runny, or too thick in a really weird and unnatural way. My favorite vegan yogurt is The Forager Project's Cashewgurt, but the texture is a bit runny it's just that the flavor is so great I can deal. Plus it's not like we have a perfect option.
Price brings me to the bad news. It's expensive. It was on sale for two dollars a container, so that means it's more than two dollars normally. Now, in the article I read it said the yogurts will be $1.99 each, which is still insane, but obviously Sprouts has a big mark-up. I can't remember what the regular price said, maybe like $2.50? I'll look the next time I'm there.
I think of all of the vegan yogurts I've tried over the years this is probably the closest to the yogurt I remember from my pregan days. It is too spendy for me to have on the regular, but I will definitely have it as a treat every now and again.




8 comments:

  1. Kiki is like your own personal Vanna White or Carol Merrell (remember her? From "Let's Make a Deal?"). Always posing with the products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Xarol Merell but she is like my little Vanna White!! She loves to be in the picture when I'm focusing on something else!

      Delete
  2. Oooh yes, I've heard that they came out with yogurt! They have some interesting flavors that I would definitely want to try. The price tag is hefty though, especially for vegan yogurt that I don't usually like to begin with. Glad that you were able to find it on sale though, I'm sure it was nice to try! Hopefully there will be more sales soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a strawberry rhubarb flavor that I'd love to try! I've heard good things about all the flavors!!
      The price is just ridiculous. It makes me so mad!!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, I haven't seen these yet! I'll have to look at our Sprouts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised to see them! I hope you find them!

      Delete
  4. Kiki getting in on the photos again! We've recently had a few brands of almond yoghurt come out here, a nice change from all the coconut ones if you are me. I must confess I do love the natural yoghurt for the brand I get, which I eat with granola, berries, and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be that the price went up since the article was published. I haven't seen them either! Sometimes I swear it takes awhile for food to get rolled out. I remember reading a whole article about how new products make it to store shelves, pretty much companies PAY grocery stores for the space. WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete