Tuesday, May 7, 2019

You Say Tomato, I Say Kumato!

Even though I'm not doing vegan keto anymore, I've still been adding a little protein powder to my smoothies. I add half a packet (thanks for the tip Ttrockwood) which is enough to make it super creamy and more filling, but doesn't make it taste so protein-y. I've tried unflavored, vanilla and chocolate and I prefer vanilla. Sprouts had blackberries on sale this week so this is a vanilla, avocado, flax meal and blackberry smoothie. Really tasty. And we have a pouty lentil loaf in the background.

I've been really loving rice bowls for dinner lately. It's a great way to get in extra veggies, and I love different textures and temperatures in my meals. And just like a good rug really ties a room together, a good sauce really ties this meal together. I baked some tofu, and them tossed it in a sweet chili, soy sauce, sesame oil combination. Served with brown rice, lettuce and sweet mini peppers. Delicious!
I've noticed these interesting looking brown tomatoes for a few years now, and I've never tried them because they're always double the price of regular tomatoes. I rarely even buy fresh tomatoes at the grocery because they're always that weird mealy texture. But Sprouts had these on sale this week so I decided to try them. Guys, they are so tasty! Great texture, like a perfect tomato in season. I've been eating them sliced with a bit of salt and pepper. Really, really good!
Last night I made another rice and veggie bowl! This time a burrito bowl. I cooked some tofu and black beans, made a creamy sauce with salsa, cashews and a little nooch, and had some rice, lettuce, sweet mini peppers and red jalapeno all in a bowl. And some tomato. Easy, cheap and Yum!
The weather is warming up so that means Kiki and Etta are starting their summer poses! They're the only two who sleep like this on the regular in the warmer months! Being a fan of kitty bellies I am definitely not complaining!



6 comments:

  1. OMG...Kiki!!! I love everything about that photo. Her legs just hanging slack, her little curled arms and the crazy bug eyes! It looks like she might jump up with a case of the zoomies at any moment. So friggin' adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely almost always looks like she's ready to zoom!! This is her favorite summertime pose!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh the rice bowls look incredible! That's awesome to hear about the tomato, I should definitely check them out! Kiki is too much, look at that belly begging to be snuggled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're still way overpriced when not on sale, but they are so, so good. They taste like a tomato from the farmers market in the peak of season.
      Oh, it got snuggled all right!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh I just want to face plant right into Kiki's belly and blow and big raspberry on it and then cover it with kisses!

    I have seen komatoes here, but never on sale and they are so expensive that I haven't tried them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, she gets a bellyful of my face regularly!!
      I almost wished I wouldn't have tried them because they're so good, and who knows when they'll be on sale again!!

      Delete