Saturday, May 11, 2019

Sprouts and Trader Joe's Haul!

As usual I made my weekly trek to get groceries yesterday. I went to Sprouts and Trader Joe's. I forgot that this is a holiday weekend so Trader Joe's was a bit much. Even Sprouts which is usually pretty mellow was a bit crazier than usual. But it's okay, I made it another day! My budget is a little tighter this week so no treats, but I still got some delicious food!
Tofu, sweet onion,peppermint tea, Romaine, potatoes,peanut butter,raw slivered almonds,red lentils,coconut milk,lemon,garlic hummus, red onions,celery
vegan protein powder,kombucha,ataulfo mangoes,strawberries,bananas,probiotic soda,pineapple,mini watermelon, avocado
I know watermelon isn't really in season yet, but Sprouts has mini watermelons on sale for $.98!! Even if they aren't the best I can juice them so I just couldn't resist! It's been a long winter of apples and oranges!!
They also have two pound containers of strawberries for $1.98!! Sprouts really has the best sales on produce. They're your best friend if your on a budget but still want some fresh stuff.
I was on a very long waiting list for this book at the library, and it's finally my turn! I've got my reading chosen for this weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. Will you be doing a review of the Medical Medium book? And is that a picture of an asparagus on the cover? I wonder what suggestions are provided for the healing protocol. It looks like a very interesting book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *artichoke. Does the artichoke replace the celery juice regimen?

      Delete
    2. I just started reading it yesterday. So far it's really, really interesting.
      So far I don't see any recipes for srtichoke juice, ha ha!
      I don't know if I'll do a full review, I guess it depends on what I learn or think. There are definitely mixed opinions out there. But so far I definitely think it's very interesting and I feel like I'm learning a lot!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh great looking hauls! I hope that the watermelon is good! I had a few pieces that my brother had cut up at his house and it was pretty good, especially for this time of year! Glad that you got through Trader Joe's relatively unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the first watermelon was really tasty, especially for being out of season!! We'll see how the second one is. I might have to go back for more before the sale ends!!

      Delete
  3. Sprouts has such good deals on produce, I am always envious of how cheap they sell things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. And I love it because the produce section is really the main part of the store, and it's always the busiest!! It just makes me happy!

      Delete