Sunday, May 5, 2019

Easy Like Sunday Morning

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Uninspired in the kitchen and kind of in life. Spring is my favorite season, and usually I get a burst of I don't know what to call it, life, energy, zip? It's a burst of good. But this year it just isn't happening. The sun on my face of course feels nice, but other than that I'm still feeling pretty funky.
Yesterday was a perfect spring day and I had the day off so I took a walk to clear my head, get some fresh air and some vitamin D. Walks aren't always as peaceful as you'd like when you live in the city, but it was still nice and I saw more pretty flowers!
I really love the two tone tulips! Daisies are and always will be my favorite flower, but tulips are a close second!
I was hoping the flowers and the sun would spark some creativity, but when it came time for dinner all I really wanted was a red lentil and potato curry. I like what I like!
Instead of all curry powder I've been using half curry and half garam masala. I really enjoy that combo. I also add mushroom seasoning which really bumps up the flavor! I love this meal so much and I don't see that changing anytime soon!
I picked these up a few days ago. It's getting warmer and that means fruity popsicles for me! You guys know I love the fruit frenzy bars from Trader Joe's, which are raspberry, lemonade and strawberry. These taste like the strawberry and lemonade layers. These will be a constant in my freezer this summer! I highly recommend these!




You can barely see Kiki's little head in the corner! You would think she would feel a little smothered, but she is living her best napping life!!

9 comments:

  1. Those are such pretty flowers! I love two tone tulips. I want to get some fancy tulips for my garden when my wallet gets a little fatter (maybe one day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are two tone tulips relatively new? I feel lie I've only seen them in the last few years.

      Delete
    2. I remember thumbing through my Mom's gardening catalogues and seeing all the pretty different tulips, striped were there. There is a long history about it, I would check out Botany of Desire from the library. It is really interesting history (they talk about tulips, apples, and pot... and I think I different plant that I can't remember) ANYWAYS, I am wondering if a bigger company got the tulip strain and it is just super cheap? Or maybe SLC is full of dedicated tulip fans lol

      Delete
  2. OOh, I'll have to look that book up I love pot facts! Ha ha!
    I do think tulips are more popular here in SLC than anywhere else I've lived. I see less daffodils and daisies, and more roses and tulips.
    The Mormons have a building or a temple or something huge downtown and the whole outside is full of beautiful tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for popsicle weather!! And that curry looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are stunning! I need that popsicle in my life! I hope I can find them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are beautiful. What a lovely thing to see on your walk. And you know what, nothing wrong with going with a food that you crave and brings comfort. There's time to experiment later, eat what feels good!

    Can Kiki even breathe there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers, and those popsicles sound so good! OMG, Kiki's little face poking out of the cuddle pile!

    ReplyDelete