Monday, May 13, 2019

A Hearty Lentil and Potatoes Meal!

I know I've shown this gravy packet before, but it deserves to be shown all the time because it's so delicious!! If you're like me and don't have the gravy making gene, this could be your best friend!!
It does say vegetarian on the package, but it's vegan. It has a really nice flavor and doesn't taste like it comes from a packet!!
I like to add some cooked lentils to the gravy when it's done for some extra fiber and protein. I also had some tofu laying around that needed to be used so I had that as well. In addition to this meal being delicious and comforting, it's also very good for you! Lentils are a very good source of iron, and potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin c. Iron is more easily absorbed when combined with vitamin c, so this is a power meal!
Sorry this picture is a little blurry, I tried to take it really quickly because Etta is the queen of moving when I try to take her picture. Etta is the OG force a cuddler, and Joan became her victim yesterday!!



5 comments:

  1. Oh no, poor Joan! She looks appalled. ;)
    That is the perfect comfort meal. I love gravy mixes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, she stayed for a ew minutes and then just couldn't take it anymore!!
      I love gravy mixes too! I suck at making homemade gravy!

      Delete
  2. Lol, Joan is so funny! How can you not love snuggles from Etta?! The meal looks so delicious and so comforting. I'm so needing a comfort meal right now, IT'S SO COLD!!! Why is it so cold again?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love snuggles from Etta!
      I can't believe it's getting cold again!! I heard in your area it's bad. Here it's supposed to be a rainy weekend and the temps will drop at night. Lie I might have to turn the heat on again! In MAY!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a perfect bowl of comfort food; that's a great idea to add lentils to the gravy!

    ReplyDelete