Sunday, April 7, 2019

What I Ate and What I Found at 7-11!!

I started my day with this ginger, collard green and pineapple juice. I've been drinking mostly orange carrot juice and even though it has a lot of pineapple in it, this was super green!!

Later on I made this smoothie with frozen cherries, mango, coconut milk and half a packet of vanilla protein powder. Almost like a milkshake!! Also, I don't know why I always hold my smoothies and juices sideways for pictures!!
This made the laundromat a little more tolerable! There are two washing machines in the laundry room of my apartment, and one has been broken since I've lived here(!!!) and the other seems to be breaking down. It doesn't rinse all the soap out and so anything black comes out with soap stains. Also it was Saturday which meant everyone who lives here is trying to do their laundry in the one remaining washer. You know it's bad when I lug my dirty clothes to the laundromat, one of my most dreaded places!!!
I stopped at 7-11 to get cash for quarters and look what I spied and of course had to buy. I saw on Instagram that these are available at Target, but my Target is behind the times. Crazy that 7-11 is the first store to carry this!!
It is really good, tastes just like I remember these tasting. But it is really, really sweet. My diet was a bit unhealthier back when I used to drink these so I never noticed how sweet these are. I could only drink a little less than half. But now I have some for today!!
I made taco potatoes again for dinner! This is one of my favorite easy, quick and delicious meals! I made the filling with black beans, corn and some beyond beef crumbles. I made tacos for a non vegan and they got a thumbs up!! I added a little Violife cheese on top, and of course some Green Dragon sauce. Delicious!!




4 comments:

  1. I have to agree! The starbucks drink is too sweet but it is nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random thought, have you tried soap berries for your washing? I was sceptical, but I have been using them for my weekly clothes wash. Not for anything too dirty, but for regular washing they work well. Just thinking for the one washing machine that works in your place, it might solve the problem of detergent getting stuck in the clothes? Assuming the machine is free for use.
    I can't believe they haven't fixed the other one! It's been so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of soap berries, but I just Googled it and I want to try them!! Thanks for the tip!!
      I am so annoyed that my landlord refuses to fix the other machine! And my rent was just increased!!!

      Delete
  3. So much yum!! I love that Starbucks is including more and more vegan options and those potatoes look incredible!

    ReplyDelete