Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Mango Monday

I'm on week two of no processed sugar and it's been rough. Interestingly last week when I wasn't even eating fruit I was fine, but the last couple of days I just want something a little sweet after dinner. I bought some mangoes which I've already eaten, and I bought some apples that were less than flavorful. Yesterday I was looking for an all fruit popsicle with no added sugar but the only ones I could find had artificial sweeteners which I didn't want either. So I chose these, they have sugar but not much, it's the last ingredient so I decided to live in the grey area!
I also had to try the mango passionfruit humm kombucha. I think humm might be my new favorite kombucha! So far I've had the hopped grapefruit, strawberry lemonade, coconut lime and now mango passionfruit and they're all really great. Not too sweet and not too vinegary.
This plate looks very bland but I promise it wasn't! I made the lemony garlic potatoes from Veganomicon and baked some tofu with lemon pepper. I dipped it all in spicy mustard. I meant to have a salad with this but I was too lazy to chop lettuce!
Dessert. This tasted like a frozen mango. I just had some delicious Ataulfo mangoes and that's exactly what these tasted like. I highly recommend, 10/10!!



6 comments:

  1. Ooooh I've been having some major mango cravings lately, those pops sound perfect!! I need those in my life. I'm going to have to see if I can find that brand of kombucha, all of the flavors sound really refreshing and lovely. Your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like the mango pops more than the lime floes from Trader Joe's and that's saying a lot!!
      I seriously think humm makes some of the best tasting kombucha I've had!!

      Delete
  2. If you see the “envy” apples at trader joe’s those have all been really great, a lot like a honey crisp in texture and flavor.
    Frozen mango anything is delicious! Most often i buy those frozen mango chunks st TJs- i swear there’s like eight mangos worth in there for like $3, and when they’re semi defrosted they’re like sorbet chunks! Just better than any sorbet. In the summer i eat a lot of semi frozen grapes- I can’t wait until it’s warm weather!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I bought these pops because I remember you telling me about the semi frozen mango chunks. Frozen mango is definitely on my Trader Joe's list.
      And I love frozen grapes! Sprouts is having a sale on grapes this week and I'm definitely going to freeze some for a sweet treat!

      Delete
  3. Those mango pops sound amazing. Sadly mango season is over here now, so no fresh mango for me.
    I agree with Ttrockwood, I always have a bag of frozen mango chunks in the freezer. I use them for smoothies, or just to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting into mango season here and I couldn't be happier. I love ataulfo mangoes and Sprouts usually has great sales!
      I'm definitely getting some frozen mangoes this week too. I love them in smoothies, an I'm going to try the semi frosted trick too!

      Delete