Tuesday, April 9, 2019

More Stuffed Potatoes!

I love this sauerkraut so much but I rarely buy it because of the price. At Sprouts it's almost nine dollars, and it's at least over five or six dollars everywhere else. But lucky for me yesterday I ran to Winco for cat food and saw it for under three dollars!!
I also picked this up. It's only $.98 and I've been curious about it since my first trip to Winco! I had some after dinner and it tastes great, very banana-y and not too sweet. I wasn't super crazy about the texture. It's basically like eating cold, flavored silken tofu. I might try whizzing it in a blender to get it more like pudding. But I definitely won't buy again!
For dinner I stuffed some more baked potatoes! That's becoming one of my favorite easy meals. I simmered some cooked lentils in Carolina Gold BBQ sauce from Trader Joe's and stuffed those in the fluffy potatoes. I also made a quick coleslaw to go on top. Served with a side of sauerkraut. So simple, but so, so satisfying and tasty!
I've mentioned a million times that Joan is my little introvert. So relateable! I love it when she tries to hide but just doesn't quite get it. At least her face is covered!! Ha!




8 comments:

  1. I need some stuffed baked potatoes in my life! I LOVE twice baked potatoes so maybe I'll have to get some of that going here. What a great deal at Winco! That place seems like a treasure chest with so many budget friendly goodies! Joan is definitely my spirit animal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy, delicious meal! And since I can't have gluten, anything I want to put on a bun I now just stuff in a potato!
      I always tell Joan, like mother like daughter!!

      Delete
  2. If I were you, I'd add that tofu into my morning smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stuffed potatoes. And that kraut sounds right up my alley.

    I relate to Joan so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really loving stuffed baked potatoes! The sauerkraut is so, so good. They use the perfect amount of dill!
      I relate to her so, so much too!

      Delete
  4. Wow, your stuffed baked potatoes keep getting better and better! Sweet silly Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if that tofu dessert is like the tofu-jello that are served in Chinese restaurants? I know my sister was obsessed with them at one point, but I never seen them in the tofu packages. It was always like a powder that you cooked up. It used agar agar so it was usually vegan.

    ReplyDelete