Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Cruelty Free Skin Care!

I don't share very many beauty products on this blog because honestly I'm super low maintenance when it comes to that stuff. The only make up I wear is mascara and lip gloss or lipstick. I sometimes watch make-up videos on YouTube and I'm so amazed by what can be done with make-up! It really is art. But alas, that life just isn't for me.
I do love to take care of my skin. I've always loved lotions and potions more than anything. My friend and I used to joke that if you want to torture us and make us tell all our secrets, just put us in a room with no lotion and we will crack for sure!
I found two new to me skin care goodies and I figured I'd share. They're cruelty free of course! I also have a favorite vegan chapstick that's under two dollars and works great!
I love to exfoliate. I dry brush my skin almost everyday, and I love a good face scrub. This one from Trader Joe's is a good one. It smells so incredibly good, like fresh blueberries. It instantly lifts your spirits as soon as you open the lid. The scrub definitely exfoliates, but it isn't super harsh to where you feel like you scrubbed half your face off. It also was also under five dollars so it's budget friendly!
The face mask I found on clearance at Natural Grocers. It's really nice, and it leaves your skin looking bright and very clear. Also cruelty free of course!!
This is my favorite chapstick ever! Or lip balm or whatever you want to call it! It's only $1.89 and it's a nice size that lasts quite awhile. I highly recommend this!



6 comments:

  1. Ooooh that is so awesome to hear about the Trader Joe's scrub. I bought it but I gave it away to someone because I was afraid it would be too much for my sensitive skin. I may give it a try after all! I LOVE grapefruit lip balm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have sensitive skin so I can't promise that it wouldn't bother your skin, but I've used a lot of scrubs in my day and this is definitely one of the milder ones I've used. I wish they had testers so you could try a little!!
      The grapefruit lip balm is my favorite!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I'll have to check out that facial scrub. I have the dryest skin, and it needs exfoliation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really, really nice. I love how my skin looks and feels after I use it!

      Delete
  3. I love that lip balm! But I've never seen it in grapefruit! I have unscented and chai, an my husband hates the smell of the chai! lol But then again he doesn't like many girly smells anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this post.Love hearing about inexpensive vegan skin care.I'm not much for the makeup myself but love the vegan skin care stuff if it's a good price.

    ReplyDelete