Sunday, April 21, 2019

Another Budget Day!

Yesterday I went to Big Lots to see if they had any surprising vegan deals. Sometimes the most random stuff shows up there. I found a few things, but they didn't really have anything too exciting. Womp womp.
Spicy German mustard, french fry seasoning(!?) vegan Mr. Goodbar! BBQ ketchup
I love a good spicy mustard, and the glass jar is cute and of course reusable, same with the BBQ ketchup.
I also went to Smith's to pick up a cabbage. I'm going to attempt to make my own sauerkraut!! Thanks again Ttrockwood for the tip about making your own. I didn't realize it was so easy!!
I love sauerkraut but I don't buy it that often because the good stuff with probiotics is pricey. But cabbage is so cheap so this seems to be the answer! I will definitely report on my fermenting progress!!
I can't go to Smith's without checking for clearance goodies and look what I found for $.49! I needed the cheer!
I made more zucchini fritters for dinner last night. I had some spicy German mustard and vegan mayo on the side as well as some cucumbers with Balsamic vinaigrette. This was a really light but filling meal.I'm loving all the zucchini I can trick myself into eating with this meal!
It's almost impossible for me to get a picture with all five girls. One of them always has to be off doing their own thing. I know this isn't the greatest picture, but it's all five! The living room window has become very exciting. Lots of springtime squirrel and bird activity! I really want to save for a bright and cheerful area rug to brighten up the drab industrial carpet my apartment has!




7 comments:

  1. Honestly, I know it's not a huge amount of stuff, but I think the Big Lots haul is pretty interesting. Kind of a nice variety of things.

    Great pic of the girls with all their makeshift "toys." Don't you just love how cats prefer to play with trash than actual toys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to try the BBQ ketchup!!
      My apartment is chock full of little pieces of trash/kitty toys!! They hardly play with their actual toys!!!

      Delete
  2. Hello to all the kitties!!!!

    That dark chocolate with peanuts seems pretty exciting to me! Though only 60% cocoa? Perhaps not dark enough for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, the 60% is kind of why I like it, and it definitely isn't angry or bitter enough for you!!

      Delete
  3. WHat great finds at Big Lots, I'm so curious about the french fry seasoning! The flowers are so pretty, I hope that they brought some brightness and cheer. The fritters look amazing, I need some in my life soon! What a great picture of the girls!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fry seasoning is pretty good! It tastes like what they must put on seasoned fries at restaurants and frozen seasoned fries.
      I'm kind of obsessed with the zucchini fritters right now. And leftovers are tasty cold right out of the fridge!

      Delete
  4. The french fry seasoning and BBQ ketchup both sound fun! Beautiful flowers, and hooray for all the kitties in one photo!

    ReplyDelete