Saturday, April 6, 2019

Sprouts Haul plus Library Haul!

Yesterday was grocery day so I went to Sprouts. I was going to go to Trader Joe's too, but I was just having one of those "I can't emotionally handle Trader Joe's" days. Sprouts is having some great sales this week so it was okay!
Nag Champa, coconut milk, basil, carrots,ataulfo mangoes,avocados,Himalayan pink salt,tofu,sunflower seeds,blueberries,vanilla protein powder,grapes,sweet potato,raw cashews,pineapple,cuties,vegan chocolate nugo bars
Lemons,collard greens,tea,rice cake thins,super greens powder,hummus,edamame puffs,peanuts (for the squirrels)
Roxy apparently loves collard greens because she wouldn't stop chewing on them. By the time I was done she had taken out quite the chunk!
Of course I got potatoes!!
We all know I love the bulk bins, and I was super happy to see these little reusable bags for sale right in the bulk section! The best part is they're only $.99 each! A lot of reusable bags can be pricey, or you have to order them online so this is great! A lot of the more sustainable, green whatever buzz word you want to use products are not affordable to everyone including myself so this is very encouraging!
Library haul!!




10 comments:

  1. Oooh I love all of this!! I am so so sad that I don't have Sprouts here… I loved it so much when I went in Orlando. Your haul looks so awesome, I can't wait to see all of the great meals you come up with. The books look awesome too, definitely let me know how The Rise and Reign of the Unruly Woman is! I'm thinking about re-reading How To Murder Your Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to trad all about us wonderful unruly women!!
      I want to reread that too. I might try to find a copy to buy because it's that rereadable!!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I LOVE the re-useable bulk bags!! That is such a perfect thing for Sprouts to sell because they have so much awesome bulk stuff. The price is right too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, and I hope this encourages a lot more people to use them!!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm curious as to why you changed your vegan peace name to Hillary? Are you going to stop being vegan? I hope the militant vegans are not bashing you about the cat food? So much vegan drama lately that it's hard to know what's really happening. Thanks for any reply :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, No real reason other than Blogger wanted me to update all my info and I decided to use my name.
      No militant vegans have bashed me yet, but there's still plenty of time ha!
      I am definitely vegan for life so no need to worry there!!

      Delete
  4. What kind of crazy cat eats collard greens?!?LOL!!
    Those bulks bags are such a great find! I wish more stores first of all had bulk bins, but would love to see these everywhere for bulk bins stuff and produce. I see a lot of people just flop a bunch of broccoli or asparagus straight into their shopping cart (no bag) and that kinda skeeves me out. I’m using some mesh bags i got at target pretty cheap, packet of five for like $4 i think.
    You got so much great looking fruit! I’ve never tried those nugo bars, are they good?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! At first I thought she was just sniffing them, but no, she was actually having a little snack! I guess we all need our greens!
      I see people plop their stuff in the basket or cart too and it's so uncomfortable. I know where those carts have been!!
      I never thought to check Target for those mesh bags, I thought you had to order them from Amazon. That is a pretty good price and I'm glad that's an option too.
      I saw someone talking about the Nugo bars saying they're a protein bar but taste like dessert. Last night I tried the dark chocolate pretzel bar. It kind of was more rice crispy than pretzel-y, but it was still really tasty. I also got a peanut butter chocolate that shouls be good. They're sweet but not too sweet. Also very, very filling!!

      Delete
  5. It is so cute that Roxy liked the collard greens! I love it when cats like vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too fat, too slutty, too loud sounds like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete