Saturday, April 27, 2019

Another Vegan Haul!!

I got some groceries yesterday and for the second week in a row I made it to Trader Joe's! I feel like it's a personal accomplishment when I can brave that store without crying! I did my usual Sprouts, Natural Grocers and Trader Joe's trip. If you live near a Sprouts, spring is a great season to find amazing deals on produce! This week they have all mangoes two for one dollar, and strawberries on sale for $.98 a pound!!
Ataulfo mangoes, sweet onion, raw cashews, vegan cheese puffs(!!!), potatoes, cumin, ginger, vegan protein powder,strawberries
Kelp noodles,daiya smoked gouda,forager lemon yogurt(clearance!!), bath salts,booch,little secrets candies
I've looked at the kelp noodles at Natural Grocers a million times and I'm always scared to try them. I must be feeling frisky because I decided to be brave. They aren't super expensive, and kelp is a really good source of iodine which is something always mentioned when I read about hypothyroidism.
avocados,bananas,butter lettuce,shredded carrots,Romaine lettuce,Persian cucumbers,big avocado,spicy hummus,tortilla chips, green tea
coconut milk,black beans,taco seasoning,lemons,garlic,cauliflower gnocchi,coconut oil,mango booch,peanut butter,salsa, tofu
I also had a gift card for Target so I went there for cat food and these few items. Pineapple popsicles, yes please!!
The Target here is SLC still doesn't have the Starbucks vegan frappuccino, but it does have these two options which I have heard nothing about!! When I lived in Seattle, Peet's was definitely my favorite of  the  coffee chains. I've had the Stumptown black cold brew before and I liked it. The cheese puffs and kelp noodles were my splurge items for the week so I didn't  get either of these, but I will try them in the future!


10 comments:

  1. Did you like the kelp noodles? Do they taste like seaweed? Would you recommend them? I enjoy your blog. Thanks for writing it.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try the kelp noodles tonight. I think I'm going to make peanut noodles with them. I will definitely report back, probably tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Aha!!
    Stupid phone hasn’t been letting me comment lately! Finally fixed it....
    seriously awesome sprouts sale!! Wow. I would probably have bought way too many strawberries and then proceeded to eat them for every single meal until my tummy hurt! They’re definitely losing money selling them so cheap- whatever, totally your win.
    I adore that butter lettuce- the only catch is for me one bag=one salad. Do you use iodized salt? I really dislike the stuff as a table salt, but i do use it when cooking to salt soups or sauces and such.
    My one and only experience with kelp noodles was they had a chewy texture that wasn’t my favorite, so i just have seaweed snacks as my sea vegetable quota.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate a few of the strawberries but froze the rest for smoothies. They have some insane produce deals that you definitely don't find anywhere else.
      I eat the whole bag too, that's why I don't buy it too often.
      I used to use iodize salt, but I've been using pink salt. That's a good idea to use it when cooking.
      I soaked the kelp noodles in baking soda and water to soften them, but I still didn't care for the texture. I think I'll use iodized salt and seaweed snacks as my iodine source too.

      Delete
  3. Do you think JUST is hypocritical in using non-vegan bacon and fish at an official event? Are you going to continue buying their products?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9isIVsH84I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to find their products anywhere lately. Well, I did see the Just Egg somewhere but I REFUSE to pay nine ollars for that little bottle.
      Honestly what nothers me more than what they did is how the CEO acted when he was talking to Chris from The Vegan Zombie. He refused to listen. and had a generic answer for everything. I thought he came off very poorly and that made me question whether I want to support them. I understand that he's trying to reach meat eaters and thAt's important, but there has to be a better way, and he could stand to lose a bit of ego I think.
      Damn, they do make the best vegan ranch and mayo though!!

      Delete
  4. I am hoping to find some of those vegan cheese puffs soon! I love that brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I love so much when your kitties turn up in your haul photos. :) Especially that last photo!

      Delete