Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Good and The Bad!

I ran to Target for cat food yesterday and picked up these two treats. The kombucha was not my favorite. This is the second or third flavor from Health-Ade that I've tried. Their kombuchas are very dry and I don't care for that. Dry kombucha reminds me of hard cider and I don't like it at all. A short while after I moved to Seattle I discovered hard cider and I mean really discovered it. So the flavor just reminds me of a huge hangover!
The banana bites are a whole different story. It's dried banana covered in dark chocolate!! Peanut butter is the only thing that could make these better!
They're rich and just sweet enough. It feels like a treat but not a treat to feel guilty about. I definitely love these and would buy again!
This scene on the couch shook me to my core if I'm being honest. I don't know if I've ever seen Kiki choose to lay next to someone without cuddling! Especially Afro! Afro and Etta are her two favorite cuddle muffins!!!



8 comments:

  1. That's how you can tell the weather is getting warmer! The cuddling starts to drop off.

    And about those banana bites - I think your instincts are good. You need to dip them into that peanut butter or plop a little dab on top of each bite. You're definitely right - that would take it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can tell they're getting into summer positions!I'm going to miss all the cuddles, but I do like all the extra belly action!
      I didn't have peanut butter, but if I get those bites again I'm making sure I have peanut butter!!

      Delete
  2. I have to agree, those banana bites would be even better with peanut butter! Too bad about the kombucha. I remember being disappointed by the pink lady apple flavor. Maybe it's best to stick to the humm brand ;) Aww snuggly babies need their space too. They certainly do look comfy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely stick to the humm brand! I wanted to try the Target brand but they were sold out which was a bummer because it was on sale!
      They still love their blankets!!

      Delete
  3. I’ve actually tried a few of the Target brand kombuchas that i liked well enough. The Healthade ones aren’t as carbonated as i want them to be (and their bottle are a huge pain to use to refill with my own booch) so i gave up on them all together.
    Fun find on the banana snack! (Although certainly too banana-centric for me)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try the Target brand but they were sold out!! It would definitely be a pain to try and refill those bottles with homemade!

      Delete
  4. Those chocolate covered banana bites sounds amazing. A while ago a friend sent me some banana bites from the US and they were like a perfect, not-to-sweet treat. And all natural banana, so none of that weird fake banana flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat's how these were, not too sweet but rich enough to feel like a treat. Although I don't mind the weird fake banana flavor, banana runts are my favorite!

      Delete