Monday, April 8, 2019

Trying New Things

I was watching a random video on YouTube the other day and someone was eating one of these NuGo bars. They were saying that it's a protein bar but tastes like a treat. I don't eat bars and I've never heard of these, but I have been trying to find healthier treats for after dinner when I really want something sweet. So I saw these at Sprouts and picked up two. I chose the chocolate pretzel and chocolate peanut butter.
The inside is kind of like a rice crispy type thing. I kind of got a hint of pretzel, but mostly puffed brown rice. I definitely wouldn't guess this was a protein bar. It's sweet but definitely not too sweet. I wouldn't guess this was a protein bar, it tastes more like a healthy candy bar. It's very filling, I could only eat less than half. This seems like a good bar to throw in your bag for those times when you need a quick bite.
I saw this hummus at Natural Grocers for a good price so I decided to give it a try. It's pretty tasty. The jalapeno is tamed a bit so it's not super spicy. It's nice and creamy and tastes pretty close to homemade.
Last night I whipped up some basil pesto and had it with my favorite Trader Joe's item, the cauliflower gnocchi. I also added some white beans and topped it all with crushed red pepper and nooch. Such a tasty meal.
It is warming up so cuddles have slowed down a bit, but luckily these three still find time in the morning for a quick session!





4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the girls can still find time for a cuddle puddle!

    I had one of those NuGo PB bars years ago in the US, and I loved it! Definitely on the candy bar side of things taste wise. I think they were briefly available here, but I haven't seen them for ages. I'll have to keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I miss the cuddles when the weather warms up!
      I saw that NuGo has something called a slimbar which looks exactly like a candy bar!! I like the peanut butter chocolate much better than the pretzel!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh the NuGo bar sounds awesome! I'll have to pick some up, they sound perfect for days where I don't feel like eating. Compact foods like that are a great solution. That kitty pile is too much! How sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those nugo bars! Pretzel is my favorite. But be warned of their other sugar free high protein bars. I have a feeling you wont like them, and some aren't vegan.

    ReplyDelete