Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Reading and Snacking

I am so excited to read this book. I reserved it at the library quite awhile ago, I'm actually surprised it came back so soo. I used to read Lindy West's articles in The Stranger all the time when I lived in Seattle. The Stranger is a really great alternative newspaper published in Seattle, obviously. This book was made into a show on Hulu also called Shrill, starring the AMAZING Aidy Bryant. If you have Hulu, I cannot recommend Shrill enough. I found it so relatable in so many different ways. I can't wait to read the book!!
I picked this up on my last trip to Sprouts. I saw someone rave about it on YouTube, and it gave me a craving I guess. I know popcorn is so easy to make, but I don't own a microwave, and I always, always make the worst stove top popcorn. It's bad. So I haven't had popcorn in who knows how long! This tastes rally great, like homemade. Not too salty or greasy.
Smith's had Lantana hummus on sale buy one get one free so I absolutely couldn't resist. Lantana is definitely my favorite packaged hummus, and I've tried a few times to mimic the carrot sriracha and I just can't!
I want to thank Ttrockwood for mentioning splashing some red wine vinegar on still warm potatoes. Genius! I roasted these potatoes with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and then splashed some red wine vinegar fresh out of the oven. It added so much more flavor!! It makes sense that I love this because I've always loved malt vinegar on fries. I love learning new, easy and inexpensive ways to add so much flavor to food!






6 comments:

  1. Ooooh the vinegar on the potatoes sounds amazing! I'll have to try that too! I've heard awesome stuff about Lindy West's writing, I'm glad you were able to get your hands on the book! Hooray for Lantana being on sale and double hooray for popcorn! Such a great snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! It added so much flavor!
      I loved her writing with The Stranger so I'm super excited for the book!
      I forgot how good popcorn is!

      Delete
  2. Seriously how crazy what a difference the vinegar makes! Glad you liked it too :))
    Keep you eye out when wandering thru charity shops, those plug in air poppers for popcorn are awesome and impossible to screw up popcorn that way. I don’t have enough storage space so i do microwave stuff when the craving hits.
    Great find on the sale hummus!
    I’m such a dork i read constantly, just murder mystery stuff, but it’s always been more entertaining to me than TV. Vivid imagination over here! ;))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I add a bit more salt to potatoes when they come out of the oven, but with the vinegar extra salt is definitely unnecessary!
      I don't really have enough counter or storage either. Since we don't have recycling at my apartment, I have any extra sppace in my kitchen taken up by things that need to be recycled that I refuse to throw away. It's a while mess.
      I love reading too. Same on the imagination!

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to read that book for ages. I must remember to request it from the library, because it is always out on loan when I visit. I'd love to see the TV show as well, but I don't think it is available in Australia yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to reserve it! I am loving it so far. It's so freaking relateable and I love her writing style!!

      Delete