Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Funday!

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous spring day so I went for a nice long walk. I tried to stop and smell the flowers, but tulips don't really smell so I stopped and took a picture! I'm so 2019!
I treated myself to a vegan frappuccino! I do really like these, although they're super sweet so I can only drink a little at a time. I love that this is available at 7-11!
When I got home I decided to have a little snack and try the vegan Rob's cheese puffs I picked up at Sprouts.
I've tried the cauliflower and Brussels sprouts puffs and really enjoyed them so I figured I would like these, but I LOVE them! I think they're my favorite of the three. They have a nice, cheese-y flavor that isn't overpowering or super fake tasting. The texture is light and kind of airy like a puff should be. And my favorite thing about them is no palm oil!!! Sprouts sells Vegan Rob's snacks for $2.99 a bag which is much cheaper than anywhere else I've seen them. I will definitely buy these again. And again!
I finally remembered to grab this kombucha! I've seen it on Sarah's blog several times and I've been dying to try it. It's very good! Nice mango flavor, not too sweet and not too dry.
I tried the kelp noodles last night. I made a cold peanut noodle salad with the noodles, shredded cabbage and carrots. Underneath the noodles is a huge bed of butter leaf lettuce, and then I added some cucumber and warm baked tofu. The dish was delicious, and while I didn't hate the noodles I didn't love them enough to buy them again. I soaked the noodles in baking soda and water for about ten minutes to soften them, but I still didn't love the texture. Kind of like a noodle gummy. I did get a ton of veggies in with this meal so it was a win even if the noodles were a bit strange.
Although cuddling has been happening less as the temperatures rise, Kiki still has to cuddle at least once a day!!







8 comments:

  1. Thanks for reporting back on the kelp noodles. If you're ever able to get that gumminess out, I would love to find out how it's done. Until then, I'm not buying anymore kelp-y pasta stuff. There's always seaweed snacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. I don't know f there's a way to get the gumminess out. I guess I could have soaked them for less time, but then they would have just been crunchy.
      I agree,it's seaweed snacks for me for now on. And as far as gluten free pasta goes, I'll stick to just regularold gluten free pasta, no beans or sea vegetables!!!

      Delete
  2. I've tried kelp noodles and they are OK but they are expensive here so I'm not in a rush to buy them a lot.
    That sounds like you had a lovely day, those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I would have liked these they wouldn't be too expensive to have every now and again, but they're definitely too expensive to force myself to eat them!!
      It was a nice day.

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous flowers! I just love that the vegan label is right on there and that it’s at 711- i think a lot of non vegans will buy it, and that’s fantastic :)) now of course i will have to look for those puffs! I know whole foods has the cauliflower version.
    Dinner sounds almost fantastic! Oh well, next time you can just leave out the noodles and have some seaweed snacks on the side.
    Next time you’re at the asian grocery look for seaweed snacks there, lots of flavor varieties and very budget friendly. My sister and nephew were just here visiting a few days and i took them to H mart! Hahaha- my nephew was a little overwhelmed that everything everywhere he looked was not recognizable. Found him some fun snacks and now he’s a fan of spicy ramen and candied sweet potatoes!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think alot of non vegans will buy the vegan version too! It tastes EXACTLY how I remember the regular version tasted.
      Luckily the noodles were edible, just definitely not a buy again.
      I bought some seaweed snacks at the Asian market the last time I was there. They were BBQ flavor and they ha milk in them!! I didn't even think to read the ingredients. I will definitely check again but read labels! I like the wasabi flavor from Trader Joe's too.

      Delete
  4. Oooh beautiful flowers! I'm glad you liked the kombucha, I think it is a great, affordable option! I LOVE the cheddar puffs so much, they are a great treat! I"m not a huge fan of kelp noodles but I bet that would be great as a salad or with rice noodles or zucchini noodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about the kombucha. Have you tried the other flavor they have? I will definitely be buying the mango again!!
      I'm rice noodles all the way from now on. No more experimenting with expensive gluten free noodles!!

      Delete