Friday, April 12, 2019

Thursday Treats!

I've loved every flavor of humm kombucha that I've tried. For the longest time I was afraid to try the coconut lime flavor, which was silly because it's delicious, so I decided to try this blueberry mint flavor. I also love the Chloe's pops so I decided to try the dark chocolate flavor. It's made with bananas, cocoa and cane sugar. I've ha the mango and the strawberry flavors and they're both incredible.
I did try the kombucha and while it was really tasty, it's probably my least favorite. The other flavors pop and this was kind of just meh. I will report back on the pops once I've tried them!
When I got home yesterday there was a package waiting by my door! I've had a kind of hard week and I really needed some cheering up. It's all the way from the UK!! It's from Caroline from Tea and Sympatico! There was also a vegan milk chocolate bunny but I ate that right away. The milk chocolate from the UK is everything I could ever dream of. I was a milk chocolate girl through and through! Thank you so much Caroline, this was so kind and couldn't have come at a better time!
I had some leftover rice, some shredded cabbage and edamame that neeed to be used, so I made a quick curry fried rice and baked tofu. To make it all even more delicious I made a quick sriracha peanut sauce to drizzle. Isn't it funny how sometimes the most thrown together meals are the tastiest!




11 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet care package! That is definitely a nice treat to come home to when you are having a rough week. I hope that you are feeling better. And OMG I need vegan milk chocolate in my life.

    Too bad the kombucha flavor wasn't great but at least it wasn't awful? I hope the chocolate pops are good, they sound great! Peanut sauce for the win!! Your dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love vegan milk chocolate and it's so freaking hard to find!!!!
      The booch definitely wasn't awful, just not my favorite flavor ever.
      I tried a chocolate pop last night and it was AMAZING!! I highly recommend!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like perfect timing for the care package; what a nice surprise! And your thrown-together meal looks absolutely amazing, especially with the sriracha peanut sauce, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was perfect timing. It's funny how that works out sometimes.
      Thrown together meals are some of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic surprise and such a generous gift to send! I think those brits have a lot of goodies i am envious of- like vegan milk chocolate bunnies!!?!
    The shredded cabbage and edamame mix sounds tasty with peanut sauce!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always sends me different candies from the UK and they all taste SO MUCH BETTER than any American candy ever. And vegan milk chocolate is my dream!!
      It was such a great combo!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, the package got there fast! Glad you're enjoying get the milk chocolate. The UK is killing it at the moment with better and better brands appearing. Just waiting for Cadburys to launch a vegan bar then it really will have gone mainstream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely surprise to come home to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that's no nice! Oddly my son saw the package photo and is now demanding a chocolate bunny. Mind you he has not eaten a chocolate bunny yet, though he is very excited to see them in stores lol. I hope yours was really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks amazing! I love tofu with rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s check my blog veganvege.com

      Delete