Friday, April 26, 2019

Magnum Vegan Ice Cream Bars!

I had almost given up on ever seeing the Magnum vegan ice cream bars anywhere in Salt lake City! I think these have been out for a year or maybe even more. I almost forgot about them until yesterday when I spotted them at Smith's! 
They were on sale for $3.99 a box, but their normal price is $4.99 a box. Pretty Spendy, but cheaper than Daiya and So Delicious bars.
The chocolate coating is really,really nice.More like a milk chocolate than super dark which I prefer. And the ice cream is so incredibly creamy and has a really,really nice vanilla flavor. The ice cream is made with coconut oil and pea protein which I find really interesting because it has absolutely NO protein powder flavor at all. It tastes creamy and vanilla-y and amazing.
I did discover that these are not gluten free. Apparently there is wheat in the glucose syrup. I let myself have one anyway, but for people who have actual allergies these are not safe.
I highly recommend these bars. I believe these are the best vegan ice cream bars I've had. I would definitely buy a pint of the ice cream alone if that were an option. And if I were in mixed company, I would definitely whip these out to blow some non vegan's minds!!!


5 comments:

  1. Ooooh yum!!! I'm so glad you got your hands on them! $3.99 actually isn't too bad for ice cream bars so yay! I'm glad you liked them, I'll have to see if I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find them, they really are pretty out of this world!!

      Delete
  2. Their regular price at US$4.99 is pretty spot on with exchange rates to our AU$7. I have tried these, nervously because of the coconut oil. I am not a fan of the plain ones, I much prefer the almond ones. I like the crunch of it. Though I find the ice cream a bit weird as well. But loads of people love them here, they are in all the supermarkets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm... I would love these, though I remember liking the tofutti ones. But then again I like any frozen desserts lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. healthy party dishes

    ReplyDelete