Saturday, April 13, 2019

Another Vegan Haul

Yesterday was grocery day again and just like last week I didn't have the mental strength to even contemplate Trader Joe's. To be honest, I wish I could afford to do all of my shopping at Natural Grocers because every time I go there I'm almost the only one in the store.  It's a dream!
I went to Sprouts and Natural Grocers for a few things. I love their Epsom salt!
Carrots, ataulfo mangoes, zucchini, avocados,oranges,romaine hearts,live probiotic soda,Yukon gold potatoes,grapefruit,vanilla protein powder
Potatoes, hummus,gluten free pretzels,powdered ginger,grapes,booch,popcorn,tofu, green mint tea,maca powder, mud mask,lemons,garlic,epsom salt,booch,coconut milk, Pacifica slay all day drink mix
I did also run to Target for cat food which is where I got the potatoes and the Pacifica drink mix/supplement. I saw someone test it on YouTube and I was intrigued. The slay all day formula that I chose has ashwagandha which is supposed to be good for hypothyroidism.
I had some when I got home. It's pretty tasty, it tastes like pineapple lemonade. It does have stevia but don't worry, they must not have used much because this doesn't have that stevia aftertaste that is so blech. I did really well with my food budget so this was my little treat after a very hard, draining week.
Look what I spied at Sprouts! I read about these at least a year ago, maybe longer and I never saw them anywhere. I kind of forgot about them! I didn't buy them because they are of course more expensive than just regular daiya cheese in any other form. And although some of daiya's new formulas are tasty, I don't know what these might taste like. Especially because obviously these are meant to be eaten cold. Has anyone tried these?



7 comments:

  1. OMG I'm so curious about the cheeze sticks! I really want to know how they are, I haven't seen them anywhere! I hear you with Trader Joe's, I think I'm skipping it this week. I just don't have it in me. Your haul does look pretty awesome, I've been craving mango so much, I'm jealous! Hooray for Live Sodas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've seen them! If they ever go on sale I will definitely try them!
      I lucked out, Sprouts has the Ataulfo mangoes on sale two for one dollar!!

      Delete
  2. I have had their cheddar cheese sticks a few times and they are super fun. They are kind of that plastic, fake, slightly bendy cheese... but that is what a cheese stick should be. Definitely took me back to cheese sticks of my youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really allowed to have cheese sticks growing up so I don't have that sentimental feeling, but I have had them in my pregan days. If they ever go on sale I will have to try them.
      It's great for vegan kids though. They can have them in their lunch! Provided the parents can afford them of course.

      Delete
  3. I remember those cheese sticks as being fun to pull apart into a pile of hair but not especially delicious.
    I had potatoes today! I got a produce box that came with lots of little red potatoes that were sooo delicious, more flavorful than usual. I tried a new technique from a cooking show and splashed a little red wine vinegar on them while still warm which was really amazing!
    At least that new powder is tasty, hopefully it’s helpful for you.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I remember too! I remember the first time I tried one I thought that I'd just rather have regular cheese cause it tastes better!!
      OOHH, I need to try the red wine vinegar trick!! Maybe tonight I'll roast some potatoes. I made a German style potato salad once where you add the vinegar while the potatoes are warm so they really absorb the flavor.

      Delete
  4. Nothing is worse than too much stevia! Glad it all tasted good

    ReplyDelete