Sunday, October 28, 2018

Week One Down!

This was a super simple and really tasty dinner I threw together the other night. I just simmered some white beans in Frank's red hot wing sauce which is accidentally vegan. I baked some potatoes and shoved the beans in the warm potatoes and then topped them with some homemade cashew ranch. I wrote down the recipe for the ranch to share, but I made the rookie mistake of blending the herbs with the cashews and it turned it kind of a greenish color. Whoops, next time I will add them after blending! I also want to add a little more garlic and onion powder. But this was a really delicious and satisfying meal.
I made veggie sushi for dinner last night. Carrot and avocado roll with one combo roll. This is my first time making veggie only sushi, usually I add baked tofu. I need to work on making the rolls the same size, It's like we have baby, mama and papa rolls!
English cucumber,carrot,cutie oranges,bulk Jasmine rice,green grapes,bananas,avocado,fresh and powdered ginger,frozen raspberries, liquid aminos
My little mini haul from yesterday. I'm eating a lot more fruit and vegetables so I'm kind of having to restock every few days. I definitely feel a difference in my energy levels now that I'm eating more fresh fruit and vegetables. Even though I miss my chocolate at night, my body loves all the extra vitamin C!
This made it really hard to stay out of bed yesterday. Just a big mess of cuddles and I wanted to be right in the middle!




5 comments:

  1. Hey! You basically made a british jacket potato with beans! (Although i think usually it’s a version of baked beans) Seriously, those brits are ON IT with the baked potato as a meal ideas. I actually had a baked korean sweet potato (they’re white inside, not as sweet) with nooch and mild salsa as brunching today.
    I definitely feel way more awesome with lots of fresh produce daily, and at this point I really crave it too.
    Your sushi skills are impressive! Who cares if they’re the same size?? You could do some teriyaki tempeh as a filling instead of tofu (i think it works on your current diet... they do make soy free tempeh)
    Just looking at the kitty cuddle pile is making me want a nap!! So adorbs!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket potato with beans was what I was going for!! I know it's usually baked beans but I was in the mood for spicy!
      I feel like I crave produce more in the cooler months because less is available! I just looked up soy free tempeh and found a recipe with chickpeas. It looks like it might be kind of easy to make!?

      Delete
  2. Can't be expected to get up if you are in the middle of a cuddle puddle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The potatoes-beans-ranch combination sounds perfect, and your sushi rolls look so cute with the different sizes, haha! What an adorable cuddle pile!

    ReplyDelete