Thursday, October 18, 2018

Parks and Recreation

I decided to take a walk around Liberty park yesterday. It was a nice fall day and the crisp air felt great on my cheeks. Unfortunately the leaves aren't all that pretty this year, they're mostly just turning brown an falling off the trees.
I guess you can't see it that well, but the mountains have snow already!. I'm sure skiers are very happy and hopeful about this winter.
All these beautiful geese provided me with all the beauty I needed! There are so many geese at this park.
Excuse my finger being in the way,(dork) but aren't ducks the sweetest? I hope all the humans that visit Liberty park are nice and respectful.
In food related news, I made some tofu bacon yesterday. I used this recipe. I only had firm, not extra firm so I didn't get it sliced as thin as I would have liked, but it still was excellent and I will definitely make again! I've used it two ways, one in a sandwich and also in a salad!
My downstairs neighbor cooks what smells like ten thousand pounds of bacon at least once a week and this smelled SO much better!!! It's sweet and smoky and satisfying!



12 comments:

  1. In terms of the smell of cooking bacon, I'm the total opposite of you, I absolutely LOOOOVE it! I don't eat it (obvs) because I love animals, but that and tuna fish salad are the two things I missed most when I gave up eating meat in 2002. I'm always on the hunt for decent facsimiles, so I'll definitely check out that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I let my tofu marinate longer than two hours to really get flavorful!

      Delete
  2. I never cared much for bacon as an omnivore, but I do love the flavor of smoke, and I'm pretty well always excited about tofu, so that sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love smoky flavors too! I really recommend it, it's really great!

      Delete
  3. I love waterbirds. Something about them is just so lovely and peaceful, they are so beautiful to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful. I always love watching ducks gently swimming around!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful day at the park, thank you for sharing those pictures! The mountain view is stunning. Your meals look delicious, you seriously always have the most perfectly roasted potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go to Liberty park often enough. It's really so beautiful!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous park!! There is something very calming and peaceful for me in the outdoors. I found a good route that goes the length of central park that i have been biking and when I’m lucky they just cut the lawn so the smell of fresh grass and being surrounded by trees is heavenly.
    Such good timing with the tofu bacon post!! (I have always hated the smell of bacon, even when i was a kid i never liked it) I actually have a package of that high protein tofu from trader joe’s and a mandolin! Looks very snackable too. I’ve made- and loooovvee- tempeh bacon, but never tofu bacon. Happening tomorrow!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell of fresh grass too! It's always like a perk me up when I smell it!
      See I only ha firm tofu and as I was slicing it I wished I had that high protein tofu from Trader Joe's! It is so snackable, it doesn't even need bread!!

      Delete
  6. Yey tofu bacon! My Kombucha Mother is big enough that I can peel off a layer and make a bacon with it. I am excited because it would be nice to do something with the mother culture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that park is beautiful, especially with the mountains in the background! Glad you got to see some feathered friends, too! Your tofu bacon looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete