Monday, October 15, 2018

Getting My Juice Back

I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut in the kitchen lately. I'm still cooking, but I kind of make the same things or versions of the same thing. I go through phases where I'm just super creative, and then it's like I lose all the juice. Well, this weekend I discovered my new favorite vegan cooking channel on YouTube, The Happy Pear. I learned of them from The Vegan Mouse. The Happy Pears are twins from Ireland, and they are brimming with positivity and enthusiasm, and they make mostly simple dishes. They also use everyday ingredients that are affordable and easy to find at most grocery stores. They don't even use vegan meats or cheese, they will make their own cheese if necessary. And their food is bright and vibrant and you just want to eat it all.
I say all of that to say that those brothers inspired me to make my first ever Korma last night! I used this recipe for the seasoning and method, but I used potatoes(of course) and red lentils because that's what I had on hand.
I think the only time I've had Korma is in one of those tasty bites meal packet things which I always find disappointing. This version is so much better. It's rich and tomato-y, a little sweet and a little spicy. Really, really delicious and my apartment smelled AHMAZING!
I tried the Brew Dr. kombucha yesterday. I would definitely buy this kombucha again. I feel like the flavors were balanced, the cayenne didn't totally mask the ginger and lemon. Kiki just wanted to say Hi!


4 comments:

  1. Ha! I LOVE the happy pear!! I watch their youtube channel all the time :)) great the recipe turned out well for you- sometimes it just takes a new flavor profile or different cooking technique to get me more enthusiastic about cooking again
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good. I've definitely been getting inspired by their videos! I'm going to be trying a laksa curry sometime this week and I'm super excited!!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you broke out of your cooking rut; the korma looks fantastic! Kiki is an adorable kombucha model haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiki is on the booch!

    I have heard of The Happy Pear, but I think only the cookbook. I didn't know they had a channel. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete