Saturday, October 13, 2018

Some Food I've Eaten plus Cats!

Still having juice over smoothies. This is ginger, spinach, orange and apple. This has a ton of spinach yet tastes like orange juice. I love it!
I made some avocado and tofu rolls the other night. I sliced them a little thicker than I should have, but they held together well so I was happy. Now that the weather is cooler and I sometimes feel sniffle-y, I find wasabi to be really refreshing. I feel all cleared out and awake after I eat it!
The cool weather has me wanting to bake and have my apartment smell all cozy and sweet. I made these oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
I used these enjoy life mini chocolate chips for the cookies. It was my first time using this brand and I give them thumbs up. I used this recipe, just using oat flour and adding chocolate chips.
I had so much chili leftover it was kind of overwhelming, so I froze some and then used some to make this vegan chili mac and cheese! This meal was super hearty, and also felt super autumnal and like it would be great while watching a football game.
Because of the way my windows face and the trees we don't get a lot of sunbeams in here, but when we do the girls love it! Here is Afro trying to make herself fit!
This is what I found when I came to bed last night. These two are some of the sweetest cuddlers I've ever known. They always make me smile and remind me that there is sweetness still in this world!








9 comments:

  1. Everything looks so amazing! I've been wanting to get back into juicing for the winter just to try and get a little more energy. I'm definitely more inspired now! I"m so impressed by your sushi skills and those cookies look incredible! The mac and cheese looks so cozy and comforting and hooray for sweet kitty snuggles! It always makes me day when I see these sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do feel like I'm more energetic when I have juice, especially orange, carrot and ginger! I don't think I'm going to be drinking many smoothies this fall and winter!

      Delete
  2. Your sushi rolls are so impressive! Do you do the rice with the rice vinegar/sugar mix? I’m always intimidated to make sushi rice yet it’s one of the few rice preparations I’m enthusiastic about.

    I don’t do much baking but nothing beats the smell of something baking- or a homemade cookie for that matter ;)) trader joe’s semi sweet chocolate chips are actually vegan next time you need choco chips.
    Such crazy cute kitties!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I make the rice with the vinegar and sugar, but to be honest I don't notice a HUGE difference in flavor so most of the time I just go the simple lazy route. Usually I just use whatever rice I have on hand, but this time I actually used sushi rice.
      Sushi is so much easier than summer rolls!!!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of your vegan chili mac and cheese; it looks great! Such sweet kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was another dish I've never ha before and it was great!

      Delete
  4. Dim Sim is a master of following any sun. Though it is raining at the moment, so there is none for her. Poor kitty! I love your snuggly girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making chili mac and cheese. I use a recipe from Vegan Casseroles, and I bake it. Do you bake yours or just mix them together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just mixed them together on the stovetop, but as I was eating it I thought that baking it maybe with a topping of crushed fritos and some shredded daiya would really take it over the top!

      Delete