Thursday, October 11, 2018

Green Power!

I was craving a salad really badly yesterday morning, and since I've never really been a traditional breakfast person I decided to give my body what it wants!
Lots of nooch and some sauerkraut. This taste so good and I felt great. I feel like starting the day with greens kind of sets you up for success!
I kept up the green theme and had an apple, spinach and orange juice a little bit later. I don't know why but this year I'm struggling with the change of seasons. I haven't been able enjoy smoothies lately. The last few I made I couldn't even finish. Since I'm not into forcing myself to eat/drink things I've been drinking more juice lately. I hope to get back to smoothies someday soon though.
I kept it simple for dinner and had some baked tofu nuggets and potato wedges for dinner. I seasoned the potatoes with this really tasty garlic and herb seasoning I found in bulk. I think it's meant for steaks, but it's much more suited for potatoes!
While I love rich foods like mac and cheese and cashew Alfredo, I really love eating simple foods like this. They taste great and I feel great after eating them.
Joan and Afro cuddling from a instance!





10 comments:

  1. What a great day of eating! Everything looks delicious and I'm sure your body was so happy with all of the nutrients! Look at the sweet cuddly babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get more greens in my diet, I always feel so much better when I have them.

      Delete
  2. Breakfast salads were a big trend not long ago! Not my thing since I seriously have salad for lunch and often with dinner almost every day but i’ve seen lots of creative ones with baked tofu, or tempeh and all kinds of fruit and nuts and such. I literally crave salad....
    smoothies loose their appeal for me once the weather turns, but green juice is always appealing!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I crave salads too. Oddly I crave them more in the winter sometimes. I can see why breakfast salads were a thing, it's a great way to start the day!
      I just haven't been able to get own a smoothie since it's cooled down.

      Delete
  3. I almost never have smoothies, but I have juice a lot. As for breakfast, I say eat whatever appeals to you any time of day. These days I do eat more specifically breakfast foods, but I'm not averse to grabbing whatever seems like a good idea, either. That looks like a healthy day of food to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a traditional breakfast person. For years I had some version of lentil or split pea soup. Usually if I o have a tofu scramble or some type of breakfast food, it's for dinner.

      Delete
  4. I struggle with smoothies when the weather turns cold. It has started warming up here, so I am back on the smoothie train. But I had a smoothie today and the weather is unexpectedly cold and I kind of wished I had a big bowl of hot oats instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to still have smoothies, but I can never finish them. So juice it is!

      Delete
  5. Your dinner looks great; I really need to try the potato wedges/tofu nuggets combination sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the combo and it's so easy to make. I just season the tofu with garlic powder and lots of nooch!

      Delete