Friday, October 5, 2018

Violife Just Like Smoked Provolone Slices!

I've had the Violife cheese in my fridge for about a week now. I wasn't sure how I was going to use it, until yesterday decided for me. It's been cool and rainy here in SLC and yesterday called for comfort food. So I decided to make mac and cheese!
I like the packaging, it assures you that it's vegan, and free of gluten and soy. It also has a flap so you can reseal it and keep the cheese fresh. I tasted a slice right out of the package and all I can say is WOW! Absolutely delicious! I consider myself a loyal person, and I've always said Chao is my favorite vegan cheese, but that was before I met Violife! As a bonus Violife is less expensive than Chao too!
I made maybe the best mac and cheese of my life with this! I used blended cashews as the base, and here's a weird trick- I blended about three or four slices of the cheese with the cashews! I watched someone do that on YouTube and I thought it was so weird that I had to try it. It made the cashew cheese sauce so thick and luscious! I also added about a fourth of teaspoon of liquid smoke just for some extra smokiness. Served with some oven baked tofu and roasted Brussels sprouts. I shared some of the mac and cheese with a non vegan who said "vegan or not, this is just some excellent mac and cheese!" Vegan cheese has come so incredibly far!!
Vegan cheese is definitely a splurge, and Violife is definitely worth it! It tastes amazing right out of the package, and it  made an amazing mac and cheese! Next I want to try a grilled cheese, maybe with sauteed mushrooms!
Remember the other day when they were all five on the bed, but Joan was a little off to the side? Well, moments later she couldn't resist the cuddles and joined in!!




9 comments:

  1. Your mac & cheese bowl looks amazing! I've seen some Violife at the health food store, but I haven't tried it yet; looks like I should! What an incredibly cute cuddle pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should try the violife, it's so good!!
      It's so rare for them all to be cuddling!!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!! I'm so glad you got to try the Violife! Your mac and cheese looks seriously incredible, luscious is the perfect word for it! I definitely want to give that sauce a try, it sounds great. Ahhh sweet kitty piles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to find the Feta! The Whole Foods I was at only had the provolone and the white cheddar but they were out of the white cheddar.
      It was Edyn Jacks that blended the cheese with the cashews. She was doing a cookbang and chill video which I actually enjoy even though mukbangs aren't my thing.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, that mac and cheese with the brussel sprouts sounds like such a great meal! Fantastic idea to add a little liquid smoke to the mac and cheese- and how impressive the omni was into it too :)) I haven’t seen this yet but then again i have been avoiding whole foods recently and they’re probably the best bet nearby.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't shop at Amazon or Whole Foods, but I made an exception because I really wanted to try the violife and it was well worth it!

      Delete
  4. Hi there! I just read that you love baking soda a lot. Would there be any benefits to drinking a teaspoon of baking soda with lemon water? Does it help with weight loss? Appreciate any wisdom you can provide. Thanks.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love baking soa, but I use it externally. I love it as a face scrub, as a cleaner and deodorizer. I drink lemon water every morning but just plain lemon water. I just read an article that suggests the benefits of drinking it mixed with lemon, but for me I would have to read a lot more on the topic!

      Delete
  5. Ultimate cuddle puddle goal achieved!!!

    That mac and cheese sounds amazing. I haven't ever blended vegan cheese into the sauce like that, just melted it in as I was cooking. But that sounds so easy!

    ReplyDelete