Saturday, October 20, 2018

More Vegan Options from Quorn and Boca!

I stopped at Smith's yesterday to pick up some yerba mate to replace my green tea in the morning. As I was doing my hypothyroidism research, I came across an article telling me I should avoid green tea. Apparently the plant that tea is made from accumulates fluoride over time and fluoride can displace iodine which is very important for thyroid function. Green and black tea are made from older leaves which have the most fluoride. So from now on it's yerba mate, white and herbal tea for me. Caffeine is not something I should have at all, but until my schedule changes I need a little help in the morning. Anyway, I saw two new to me vegan products!!!
I knew Quorn was getting more vegan friendly, and I've seen these on Instagram and Twitter but never in real life!  These look just like the classic kid's lunch staple. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but it's definitely exciting!
I also noticed these little cuties! I didn't even know Boca was in the falafel game! They have original and chipotle. I checked both flavors and they are vegan. They also aren't too expensive at $3.49 a bag. I love that Quorn, Boca and Morningstar Farms are making more vegan options.
I decided to treat myself to these seaweed crisps. Sea vegetables are the best source for iodine. These were really, really tasty. Salty, spicy and sweet.
I'm trying to enjoy all the tofu for now since I don't think I'll have it for awhile starting Monday. This is Singapore noodles with some baked tofu. I used this recipe. The sauce is all sweet and salty and a little spicy from the curry. Yum can't wait to eat the leftovers!!
My little sunbathing beauties! Actually Joan is trying to figure out a way to annoy Roxy enough to make her move! It didn't work, Roxy is stubborn and loves the sun, just like me!





4 comments:

  1. What the what?? Falafel doesn’t have meat! So weird that boca makes those..... maybe they’re more like falafel flavor meatless balls??
    I get the seaweed snacks at trader joe’s all the time- they totally make a mess when i eat them but whatever, they’re tasty! Oh, and you’ll appreciate this- they make a wasabi flavor which i bought by accident and didn’t realize until my mouth was on fire.... i bet those with guochujang were pretty spicy too!
    Fun recipe with the singapore noodles :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought it was strange when I saw the falafel as well. I think Boca is just trying to offer more vegan choices which is great.
      These seaweed snacks were a little different, they were square like a cracker and had this little rice cracker layer on the back. Really delicious and less messy!
      Ouch, I've had the wasabi flavor and they are spicy! These were less so but still had a kick!

      Delete
  2. Fun finds! (I keep checking the Quorn options when I go grocery shopping, but I haven't seen anything vegan yet.) Your tofu/noodle bowl looks perfect; I bet the leftovers will be great! Sweet kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Joan.... it's not like she could just move a little the either side and have a whole lot of sun all to herself. ;)

    ReplyDelete