Wednesday, October 3, 2018

One of Those Days!

Yesterday my landlord was having someone replace bath valves in the units. It was a whole thing and the guy kept coming in, stomping around and then leaving and coming back etc. He was really loud and kept getting phone calls where he would get even louder. None of us appreciated the intrusion. He was here all day, and didn't finish until five in the afternoon. Really stunk up my day off. As a result I didn't feel like cooking at all. I was hangry, and my nerves were shot. So I did something I rarely do, I got a frozen daiya pizza! I went with the simple cheese lovers and added a little Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper.
I usually don't love daiya pizza, but for some reason this hit the spot. Probably because I was so dang hangry!!
While I was at Smith's getting my pizza I checked the clearance bread section and look what I found! BFree seeded gluten free rolls for $.99 a pack!!! WOOHOO!!!! Yes, I went crazy and bought five packs, four of which are in the freezer. We're getting into soup weather and I love bread with my soup so much! BFree is definitely the best gluten free bread I've tried, but it's so pricey I rarely have it. This made my crap day a lot better!
I also decided to try these grain free tortilla chips. I think they're big with the paleo crowd. I don't care about that, but I do care that the chips are made with cassava and I love cassava chips, I also care that the nacho cheese flavor is I assume accidentally vegan! They use nooch!! These were a splurge and a treat.
I also got these as a treat. They were on sale, and I was too weak to resist. Someone on the Gram told me that they make peppermint little secrets! Why have I never seen those? I must find them, back in the day mint M&Ms were my absolute favorite!
I never get all five in one picture! I definitely can't resist the cuddle piles going on around here! Of course Joan is off to the side, not even sure if she wants to be this close to everyone!Kiki and Afro love having Etta as a pillow!





5 comments:

  1. CUDDLE PUDDLE GOALS!!!!

    I love Little Secrets. We don't get them here, but someone sent me some once and they were so good. That sounds like a very shitty day, that definitely needed pizza and chocolate. We have been having renovations done for months, and although they are mostly very respectful and as quiet as they can be, I still hate having people around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find the mint Little Secrets!
      I hate having strangers around too. It just feels so awkward and uncomfortable, especially when they're trampling around like they own the place!!

      Delete
  2. Omg all the snuggles!!!! So adorable!!

    That is such an amazing deal on the bread! I would have snatched them all up too. I found some in the freezer of my grocery store but it looked sad and freezer burned and was way overpriced. I'll hold out to see if I can find something more affordable.

    I've always wanted to try the Daiya pizza! It actually looks pretty good. Maybe if I'm ever feeling like I want to stray a little I'll give it a shot ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of gluten free bread does seem to sit in the freezer of stores for forever!! And the price is just really out of control.
      The daiya pizza is pretty good. It's gluten free so at least you would just be cheating with the tomatoes. I think they might have one that has a white sauce base with spinach and garlic? I feel like I've heard that somewhere.

      Delete