Thursday, October 25, 2018

Day Five and Feeling Alive!

It's an Atumn miracle!
Yesterday I came home and checked my mail and found the holiday issue of VegNews in my mailbox!! I have no idea how this happened, I didn't subscribe, and the label has my name and address. It was the most amazing, fun and mysterious surprise ever and I'm going to enjoy reading it from front to cover today! I don't know how this happened, but thank you VegNews fairy!
Two days in a row I've been drinking straight celery juice, no fruit for sweetness! It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I just drink it really quickly and go on about my day!
I've also been enjoying smoothies again. This had frozen blueberries and raspberries, banana, avocado and hemp seeds. Really creamy and filling.
I have a package of rice paper wraps in my pantry for summer rolls, but honestly I don't know why I bought them because I only have been successful maybe two times out of the many times I try to make them. And I just don't like to get flustered and ruin food so once again I had a summer roll bowl! This is my first time having a bowl like this with no tofu! It's just baby spring mix, carrots, cilantro and green onion with rice noodles and a spicy peanut sauce. Honestly it tasted great and I really didn't even miss the tofu, although I definitely miss tofu!
My little introvert Joan sleeping under the chair! Sometimes she sleeps like this, closer to all the action but still sheltered, and when she really wants to be alone she goes all the way back in the corner!!





9 comments:

  1. Hooray for the VegNews fairy! What a wonderful surprise! It looks like you are doing well with your elimination diet. I give you credit, I definitely couldn't do straight celery juice. The smoothie and summer roll bowl look great and sweet Joan! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing well on the diet, but I really, really miss tofu!
      The celery juice isn't great by any means, but it also isn't as bad as you would think.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try that celery juice over the weekend. If it's gross - I'm coming for you, Hil. And hooray for for VegNews fairies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I plan on you coming for me because while it isn't the worst juice I've ever had, it definitely is not delicious. But the more I read about the benefits the more I force myself to drink it.

      Delete
  3. Joan and I would get on well. I wish I could lie under a chair!
    Yay for VegNews fairies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say Joan is so much like me. We get each other!
      I don't know who the fairy is, but I love them!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, veg news is a good one! I’m sure you have already flagged a bunch of new recipes to try!
    Your summer roll bowl sounds fantastic- life is too short to fuss with superfluous activities like making summer rolls if it only brings frustration and not joy.
    Tofu isn’t gone forever, just “not today”. I used to have a serious diet coke habit, and i never said to myself it’s gone forever, but only “not today”. That was many years ago now, But i think it was easier to say “not today” instead of fretting i would maybe never have it again ever
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the summer rolls, I don't even know why I bought the wrappers, I guess I was feeling ambitious that day!
      I am telling myself that about tofu. I will reintroduce it into my diet once I have my hypothyroidism under control, but man do I miss it!
      Congratulations on kicking the diet coke habit, I know that's a tough one to kick!!

      Delete
  5. How cool about the surprise VegNews, and your summer roll bowl looks so good! Sweet sleepy Joan!

    ReplyDelete