Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Broccoli Smoothie??!!

I was watching someone on YouTube make a smoothie, and she added frozen broccoli. I thought that was just so weird, I've never heard or thought of that before! She said tropical fruits like mango and pineapple help disguise the taste. I only like broccoli two different ways, and in all honesty I don't eat it enough. Broccoli in a smoothie sounded weird enough that I had to try it!
This had banana, frozen broccoli and mango, goji berries, maca powder and hemp seeds. Look at me getting all super-food-y! I put a decent amount of broccoli in the smoothie, I'm surprised it isn't more green. Surprisingly it tasted nothing like broccoli. My mind has been blown, I see green smoothies in a whole new way now!
I made a potato heavy red lentil and potato curry for dinner. Since I inexplicably bought two bags of potatoes instead of one at Trader Joe's, I need to eat a lot of potatoes this week! I didn't have any green onion, so I put a little sprinkle of minced red onion and it was great! One of my favorite meals!
After a long summer of lounging around lazily, the girls are happy for the cooler weather and more blankets coming out. It's been a cuddle-palooza around here!




10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of putting broccoli in your smoothie! I really wish I liked smoothies more, I really have to be in the mood for them and I like them better when other people make them, ha! But that is such a great idea! I've heard of people using cauliflower in their smoothies so this makes total sense! The curry looks delicious and I'm going to live vicariously through your potato adventures!

    Look at those sweet babies! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about sandwiches, I like them better when someone else makes them! I actually got the idea from Edyn Jacks who I am now obsessed with!!! I learned about her from you!!

      Delete
  2. I don't like green smoothies much, but I do like broccoli... perhaps it's worth giving it a try in smoothies!
    Aww, such sweet cuddlers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously shocked that you really can't taste the broccoli!!

      Delete
  3. Whaaaaaatttt????! That’s so weird i just can’t even wrap my head around it. And i love broccoli! Although i hate frozen broccoli, can’t deal with the texture (i hate most all frozen veggies).
    That is a lot of potatoes! Although they seem to be good for basically ever. That curry sounds perfect for a chilly night!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember I got a bag of frozen Brussels sprouts and the texture was so incredibly gag inducing I couldn't even eat them!
      I am actually stressed about all of the potatoes! What gig I do??

      Delete
    2. The potatoes will keep in a cool cupboard for literally weeks! No rush to eat them all :)
      And good lord i cannot fathom frozen brussel sprouts.... but i do love them fresh! I just never had frozen veg as a kid (spoiled by california fresh produce ) so i never acquired a taste for them. Come winter when everything fresh is crazy expensive i eat a LOT of cabbage!
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. I have used broccoli in smoothies before, in small amounts so the flavour isn't too strong. You can put so many things in smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never used broccoli florets in a smoothie, but I will save the stems and dice them for smoothies. I never taste it, but then again I don't put a TON of it in. It is nice to know I used ALL of the veggies!

    ReplyDelete