Sunday, October 14, 2018

More Beige Eats!

I needed a quick breakfast yesterday so I decided to go old school and have peanut butter toast. I have a bunch of hemp hearts in my freezer so I sprinkled some on top and it was really tasty! The nuttiness of the hemp seeds complimented the peanut butter really well!
I drank the last of my home brewed booch the other day and my new batch has a few more days of fermenting so I decided to try this brand and flavor. I'm a big fan of lemon-y spicy booch so I'm excited to try this!
I've been really struggling with the season change this year. I normally don't have such a strong reaction and I should be happy with cooler days after the summer, but it's hard to enjoy fall when I know winter is coming. I'm trying to remind myself to live in the moment, but sometimes dread is hard to get over.
I made a nice soothing miso soup with kale, rice noodles and tofu. This was the perfect simple dinner after a long day.
I had two squares of this last night. It's all right. It's pretty dark for my taste, but I like the addition of the salt.
They say it might snow tonight!!! I am less than thrilled, it's only mid October!!




10 comments:

  1. Everything in this post is so comforting. Peanut butter toast is a classic and I need to find gluten free bread so I can make some too! The miso soup looks delicious. I know winter sucks but the fall is so wonderful. I also prefer to think of it as snuggly cozy weather instead of brutal cold grossness. it really helps me :) Although snow in October is indeed ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find the Bfree sometime for a reasonable price. It's so expensive I rarely have it. Those were my last two slices and I felt really sad using them!
      I'm really trying to be more positive, and think cozy thoughts but it just isn't working!!

      Delete
  2. I'm already dreading winter, too; I want to start hibernating! Your miso soup looks amazing, though, and perfect for this cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to hibernate too! I can only imagine your dread after last winter!!!

      Delete
  3. Omfg, so if you add the tinest bit of cayanne to your booch when bottling it something crazy happens and it gets CRAZY bubbly! I made lemon ginger cayanne a few times and all the bottles were bizarre bubbly- I couldn’t handle the heat though, all the cayanne would float to the top and kill me on the first few sips! Haha.
    Miso soup with stuff is my go to warm and comforting meal, i try and cut everything small enough i can hold the bowl and sip so it’s extra warming and aromatic.
    I understand the dread of winter all too well, but there is something to wear big cozy sweaters and fluffy socks and feeling like you have permission to just watch movies all day because it’s snowing.
    Oh! And hot chocolate!! Actually discovered whisking a little handful of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate into simmering almond milk instead of using cocoa last year, which makes a nice rich flavor
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got the cayanneade GT's the same thing happene, the first few sips killed!
      I do like the feeling of not feeling guilty for relaxing and being cozy, but other than that I am filled with dread!
      OMG I am going to so try that with plant milk and chocolate! What a brilliant idea. Plus it's hard to find powdered vegan hot chocolate!

      Delete
  4. I love that Theo's sea salt chocolate. It is perfectly dark for my taste. :D You know how I am about chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I actually thought about you when I tasted it! It's definitely dark, angry and bitter!!

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about winter! I don't dread the cold so much as the darkness. I've already started feeling morose when the sun goes down around 6:30 and in a few months, combined with the end of daylight savings time, it'll be 3:30 when it starts getting dark. And I feel it more profoundly this year for some reason.

    I more or less like any dark chocolate with salt in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the darkness. I'm just dreading it all. And I feel the same, it's much harder to cope this year and I'm not sure why that is.

      Delete