Sunday, August 12, 2018

What Won't Cauliflower Do?

I've noticed these Vegan Rob's snacks kind of popping up all over Instagram and YouTube. I finally saw them at Smith's a few weeks ago, and I've been wanting to try them but my budget always gets in the way. Yesterday was a good day and I wanted a small treat so I went for it! They were on sale, I wanted a treat it seemed like the universe was guiding me.
They look like little vegan cheetos. Not freaky orange of course. They do have nutritional yeast in them, but to me they taste like a milder funyon which I am more than okay with. They do not taste like cauliflower at all! They have a great light and crispy texture. Pretty much like the poofy cheetos.
I made some delicious potato wedges for dinner. I seasoned them with turmeric, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Dipped in Just Thousand and Just Ranch. I made the wedges nice and wide to ensure the most dip on each wedge. I'm like a five year old when it comes to my dips.
I wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes and positive thoughts. I feel like my interview went great, and I don't say that often. I had a small iced Americano right before my interview and I swear it gave me the jolt I needed. I feel like I was very on and gave my best answers. Also I really would love working at Sprouts so I came off as sincere and authentic as opposed to phoning it in which is often the case. She said to expect a call this week or next at the latest. I don't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time I feel very hopeful!!



6 comments:

  1. Excited to hear that you feel so positive about the interview. Like you say, it really helps that you are honestly interested in working there. I'm sending my best thoughts out into the universe for you!

    And boy oh boy, looking at you seeking out more ways to eat cauliflower. Do you even recognize yourself at this point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the interview went well, and I am crossing everything for you that it is good news!

    Like Blake above, I am amazed at your new found cauliflower appreciation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poofs are fun! And they totally don’t taste like cauliflower at all.

    So glad the interview went well! Feel free to ignore me but sending a short hand written thank you note in the mail can make a huge difference- just “thank you for your time” and blah blah that you’re really excited about this opportunity. Long story short that’s why i hired an assistant a few years ago. Actually no, we hired someone else and she left due to personal issues after just two months. We liked the candidate who had sent the thank you and I certainly remembered that so we offered her the position.
    Keep thinking positive thoughts!

    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm so glad the interview went well! I'm so excited for you and I can definitely see how your excitement for the opportunity would help! Definitely sending all my positive vibes your way!

    The puffs sound so fun! I will definitely have to check them out if I see them in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cauliflower puffs sound really good, and I'm glad to hear your interview went well; crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on the look out for more Vegan Rob's stuff!

    ReplyDelete