Saturday, August 18, 2018

A Great Day!

Here is a close up of the smoked tofu I found at Winco on Thursday. As I mentioned there are several YouYubers from Canada who love, love, love this smoked tofu. I saw one shred it with a box grater and use the shreds to make a vegan crab salad roll. I've never had a crab roll, but when she was making the recipe I was almost drooling! I always love the packets of baked flavored tofu. Wildwood is one of the brands and there are a few others. But they're like triple the cost of plain tofu. So I'm happy that Winco sells this at a fair price. I think it's $.75 more than plain tofu.
I've been craving a Chipotle style burrito for quite some time. I made some garlic-y black beans and a lemon-y guacamole and made myself a big old burrito! I decided to cheat with a flour tortilla and it was worth the cheat!
Like my sushi rolling my burrito rolling is a work in progress. This was one of my best jobs so far. I didn't over stuff or add too much of one thing. Friday nights are for vegan burritos!
So in addition to having an amazing burrito for dinner I also got a call from Sprouts and they hired me! I'll be working in the bakery which is pretty awesome because honestly I'm not the best baker and would love to learn more. She's calling me on Monday to tell me when I start and all of that. Woot woot! I was getting a little worried, like maybe the interview didn't go as well as I thought. I'm mostly excited because I've never worked in a bakery so it's exciting to have an opportunity to learn and do something new!!
Cat on a shelf! There are five little shelves on each layer of this bookshelf and I've been trying to get all five cats in a compartment at the same time but of course they won't cooperate! I had to sneak up and surprise Etta to get this picture!
Happy Caturday!




15 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Congratulations to you!! I can't wait until you start working there so I can see all your gorgeous healthy food hauls! Sprouts discounts - WOO-HOOOOOOOO!

    You certainly deserve this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh!!! I was hoping this would be the news when I saw the title of this post!! I'm so so happy and excited for you! As someone that has worked in many bakeries in her day I can tell you it is a really great job!! I think you'll be so much happier there and hopefully your schedule will be so much better! I'm so happy for you and I'm with Blake, I can't wait to see your hauls with that discount!!

    Congratulations and I hope that you will be able to celebrate a little and treat yourself just a bit! You deserve to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited to do something new and learn something new! The hours will be very early morning but that's much better for me anyway as I am a morning person!
      I'm not sure if I will get a discount but I think most grocery stores do give discounts.
      I definitely want to celebrate!

      Delete
  3. AWESOME!!!!
    Woooooo
    Hooooooooo!!!!!!
    That’s such great news! I’m really excited for you!! And you will learn so much! Generally bakeries make people happy too :)) It sounds cheesy but you should really be proud of yourself for spearheading this change and making it happen!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am really proud of myself for job hunting instead of sinking into depression and just accepting my misery which is what I tend to do.

      Delete
  4. Hooray! So pleased to hear this news. Well done. Well deserved xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am so excited and happy for you!!!! :D Congratulations on getting the job; working in the bakery sounds like it'll be really interesting, and I'm sure you will learn a lot!
    Also, your burrito looks fantastic, and Etta is so adorable in the bookshelf! Do the kitties stick to the lowest level or have they explored any of the higher shelves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really excited!
      The burrito was fantastic! It had been far too long since I've had a burrito!
      They've gone up as far as three levels and Roxy and Joan look like they desperately want to get all the way up on top!!

      Delete
  6. Yay, congratulations!!! You deserve to have a job that makes you happy. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Viet Vegan smoked tofu crab salad recipe is SO GOOD. When I eat that for lunch at work the omnivores crowd around and try to figure out what it is. You have to try it! Her blog: https://thevietvegan.com/vegan-crab-salad-rolls/

    My lunch packed from it: http://foodfordissertating.blogspot.com/2018/03/eco-lunchbox-three-in-one-66.html

    Someday, I will make vegan ham salad out of smoked tofu. I can't imagine it going wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome wrap/burrito! YUM! That tofu sounds interesting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yey! Such exciting news! Hopefully it'll work out in the bakery, sometimes going into a professional setting some tasks are easier than at home.

    I remember having smoked tofu YEARS ago! I also read a recipe that used smoked tofu in a stir fry and the cookbook was like 12 years old. Maybe it is a passe thing in the states? I've mostly seen people posting pictures of finding smoked tofu at farmers market at meat stands.

    ReplyDelete