Friday, August 10, 2018

More Vegan Goodness

Before I show my haul of real food I wanted to show the deal of the week I found! Smith's had this on a close out sale for $1.99!! I don't buy Almond Dream often, but I have always loved this ice cream. It seems like some of the classics have to got to go to make room for the newbies. Can you guys even believe we live in a world where there are so many vegan ice creams?
Bananas, romaine, frozen raspberries and strawberries,onion,avocado, lime, booch, hibiscus tea, lemons,soy milk,Jasmine rice, coconut oil,peanut butter, flour tortilla, red onion,peanut butter, vegetable spring rolls, raw cashews, green tea

watermelon, gold potatoes, vegan shreds, gluten free pasta,soyaki sauce, sea salt and coconut milk
I decided to splurge and try this Health Ade kombucha. I've heard rave reviews and I've never had an apple flavored kombucha.
I also have never had the Trader Joe's vegetable spring rolls. They're filled with kale, edamame, mushrooms and shredded tofu. Delicious. They're better than some some spring rolls I've had from restaurants. Worth the splurge!
This squirrel was giving the girls so much entertainment yesterday morning. For at least five minutes he or she kind of just hung out on the fence chattering away.





10 comments:

  1. Oooh what a great haul! I've tried that kombucha before and it is very good, I think you'll love it! And hooray for ice cream sales! I still can't believe how far vegan food options have come and I'm so grateful for all of the options! I feel spoiled! I'm glad the spring rolls were worth it, that dinner looks great!

    Super cute pic of the girls and their new friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our choices in ice cream and really everything just amazes me every time I see something new!
      If you like spring rolls I really recommend the rols from Trader Joe's, they're really tasty!

      Delete
  2. Oooh yeah - vegan ice cream! You know, there are so many out there now and I'm ashamed to admit I've tried almost none of the new offerings. No B&J, No Haagen Daz, Halo Top, Coconut Dream...none of them. I think the last vegan ice cream I bought as a box of those Tofutti Cuties (they're mini ice cream sandwiches, if you're not familiar). And that was probably 8 years ago. What's your favorite brand? I think I need to try some before summer's over and I'd love to get a recommendation.

    Also - not for anything but I think I'd avoid apple booch like the plague. I've never been a fan of apple juice and I'd be really afraid it would taste like apple cider vinegar! You're braver than I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite brand of vegan ice cream is Nada Moo. It's coconut milk based and they have so many fun flavors. It's really, really creamy too. But Haagen Dazs is seriously amazing too. I actually think it's better than B&J!
      It didn't taste like ACV, but it did taste like hard cider which I don't like!

      Delete
  3. The sheer variety in vegan ice creams has increased beyond my ability to keep up, but I do love the salted fudge truffle Haagen Dazs. SO GOOD.

    Trader Joe's has a lot of really amazing vegan things. I like to splurge on their Japanese-style veggie fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their fried rice. That's one of my favorite treats for a quick meal!

      Delete
  4. That apple booch is good but healthade isn’t as bubbly at my homemade stuff or GTs-and somehow it tasted more like juice than booch? You’ll see what i mean, it’s still very tasty.

    Great find on the ice cream! I’ve been very into savory watermelon this past week-just chopped into big cubes with cilantro and lots of black pepper and a tiny bit of salt.
    The spring rolls sound great! I don’t think i have tried those before....
    Hope everything goes well at the interview tomorrow :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try watermelon with cilantro. That sounds incredibly refreshing.
      The spring rolls are great. I wonder what took me so long to try them!

      Delete
  5. Yay for vegan ice creams! I just bought the two new flavours of the Ben & Jerry ice creams that have finally come to Australia at the moment. But I haven't tried them yet because I already had three open tubs of other ice creams, plus one tub of homemade ice cream... ooops. ;)

    Those spring rolls sound great!

    ReplyDelete