Sunday, August 26, 2018

Buffalo Chickpea Salad

I've had this idea for a Buffalo chickpea salad for awhile now. I finally had everything I needed yesterday and I thought what better time to make a sandwich type food then back to school? The salad has of course chickpeas along with all of the Buffalo wing accoutrements. I kept this salad really mild with a light amount of hot sauce but you can add as much or as little as you and yours like. I shared some with a coworker who has a very low spice tolerance and it passed with flying colors. I had some salad with gluten free crackers, but it would be so tasty in a sandwich or even stuffed in a big juicy summer tomato!
I feel a little silly posting the recipe because it's so simple but it it's really delicious and quick to throw together which I think is a plus!




                                                              
                               
                                                              Buffalo Chickpea Salad

  • 2 C. cooked or 1 can chickpeas
  • 1Medium carrot shredded
  • 1 Medium stalk of celery diced
  • 1 Green onion green part only sliced
  • 1 T. Just Mayo
  • 1 1/2 Tsp. Hot Sauce
  • 2 T. Just Ranch
  • 1/2 Tsp. salt
  • 1/8 Tsp. Black Pepper
Drain and rinse the chickpeas if using a can. Add them to a large bowl and smash them with a fork or a potato masher. You want them to be smashed with some left whole. It should look a little flaky like tuna. Add all other ingredients and stir until it's combined and the consistency you want. I feel like some people prefer a drier salad, some prefer a wetter salad. Try not to eat it all with a spoon. It tastes great as soon as you make it but it tastes even better after sitting in the fridge for an hour or two. The flavors fall in love and do good things.



12 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds awesome. I pinned this and will be trying it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up my alley. I'll be making it soon-thanks. Also, congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really hope you love it!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Buffalo Chickpea Salads!!! Your recipe sounds ideal! Looks great! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so good! It was my first time having it!

      Delete
  4. This sounds really nice, though you know I would have to cut down the spice even further! But I love chickpea salads of any description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how much I love chickpea salad as well. You know I was thinking that a little BBQ sauce would taste nice too. Like a BBQ chickpea salad!

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing!! I can't really do a ton of spice because of the reflux but I bet it would be great just as a ranch chickpea salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A ranch chickpea salad sounds incredible! But I think Just Ranch makes anything incredible!

      Delete
  6. This sounds like such an awesome chickpea salad; yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awesome! I wish I thought of this! I will try this out, I love chickpea salads but always forget about it.

    ReplyDelete