Saturday, August 25, 2018

Another Vegan Budget Haul

I needed to get a few more groceries to get through the week so I decided to go to Winco! I might be a little obsessed. But I also figured out a way to walk there. It's only 1.3 miles away and I'd rather walk there and back then take the bus, that's how bad it is. Plus when I take the back streets it's a lovely walk! I can also go early in the morning to beat the heat and the crowds!
They have a huge bulk spice section. Buying spices in bulk has been one of my top ways to save money for years. Also I've been able to experiment with a lot of spices I wouldn't be able to afford. It's insane what they charge you for the glass or plastic jar.

I mean look at those prices per pound! You can make meals for several days on less than two dollars!
I also saw a lot of different grains like black rice, red rice and different colored quinoa. Bulk is a great way to try some of those without committing to a whole package because they can be really pricey!
Kombucha,potatoes,tater tots,spinach, Jasmine rice,pickles, A-1 (accidentally vegan) bulk mayacoba beans, bulk vegan jellies

Popsicles, gardein chickenless tenders, mung bean noodles, tomato paste, lemon, garlic, bulk lentils, peanut butter powder,spices, and gluten free flour, frozen peas, tofu, bulk garbanzo beans

Winco also has a huge bulk candy section and they have a surprisingly large selection of vegan gummy type candies. That's good and bad because I find vegan gummies very hard to resist!
Last night I made long board style fries and dipped them in a combo of A-1 and Just Mayo. I had picked up this spice blend called Pappy's smoke blend or something like that in bulk. It's basically a garlic-y, smoky season salt. My love for potatoes hasn't and won't ever die!

6 comments:

  1. Oh thank goodness - the potatoes are back! I was starting to think someone kidnapped Hilary and took over her blog. Just kidding. They do look pretty good though. I think I prefer the long board style because they look like they're pretty crispy, which is how I like my oven fries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the long board style too. But we all know I love potatoes in all shapes and sizes. If you cut your potatoes in circles and make coin fries they turn out crispy too.

      Delete
  2. Another great haul! Winco, eh!? I haven't heard of Winco, but, I have to say I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you have found an easier way to get there, a nice walk sounds preferable to a bus! Though I am super impressed at your strength in carrying all this stuff home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winco for the win! I'm so glad that you've made it work for you and that you found a good route to get there. I still can't believe their prices! Also, I can't resist vegan gummy type stuff too. It's too good. The potatoes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I love snacks in the bulk section because then you can buy only a small amount. Like I will buy 3 and that's it. I am sure I annoy people at the register- or maybe they care less?

    ReplyDelete