Thursday, August 30, 2018

Big Mountain Foods Veggie Patty

I saw these new to me veggie burgers at Winco last week and I just had to try them. They are vegan, and gluten and soy free. A veggie burger that's gluten and soy free is a rare find! The patties are made with yellow split peas and have lots of veggies like carrot, green peas and red bell pepper. The burgers also have chia and sunflower seeds. The ingredients are super clean, seeds, veggies,rice flour, pea and vegetable fiber and spices.
I was already going to try these, and when I saw that the company is woman owned I wanted to try them even more. I've only seen this brand at Winco. They were $4.28 for a box of four. That's pretty good considering the quality of ingredients.
Not the prettiest way to show off the burger, and I'm just now realizing I should have taken a picture of the burger whole but I didn't think about that at the time. Bad blogger! I just really have been craving salad the last couple of days so I had mine on a bed of mixed greens with Just Caesar and a few fries. A burger and fry salad!
The burgers are pretty big and you can see lots of veggies in the burger. I cooked my burger on a pan with a little coconut oil. The outside got nice and crisp and the inside was tender. I wouldn't say these are mushy, but they are on the softer, veggie side as opposed to the meatier, seitan-y side of burgers. It has great flavor. I can definitely taste the sunflower seeds and red pepper. These would be great on a toasted bun with some spicy mustard, avocado, sprouts and a perfectly ripe tomato. Yum.
I can't wait to try their other products. They have mushroom bites which look like falafel and they are calling my name!




8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many exciting products coming out! The mushroom bites sound right up my alley, and I await a report if you get to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely trying the mushroom bites next!

      Delete
  5. I'll have to keep an eye out for this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool that the company is woman-owned! Your burger and fry salad looks great!

    ReplyDelete