Friday, March 9, 2018

What I Ate Plus Cats!

I started my day yesterday with this green juice. It had baby kale, orange, carrot and ginger. Really tasty.
This is the Sumo tangerine I've been using. They usually have a bump on top but this one of course doesn't. They're a little bigger an bumpier than a regular tangerine. They're seedless and very sweet. My juice had a lot of baby kale and only one orange and it was still very sweet.
I had this creamy smoothie a little later. This had baby kale, half an avocado, frozen mango, banana and maca powder. This was so smooth and creamy from the mango and avocado.
I don't often buy things at work, but this cashew butter was on a super clearance sale because it's near the expiration date. I know that I don't like almond butter at all, but I've never had cashew butter because it is expensive! Unfortunately for me I love cashew butter! This is probably the only time I'll ever have it because it is freaking expensive, even at Trader Joe's! I wanted to make something with it, so I decided to make cold sesame noodles using cashew butter instead of peanut butter or tahini.
I used brown rice spaghetti for the noodles, and I threw in some frozen edamame during the last few minutes of cooking. For other veggies I used shredded cabbage and carrot. I also baked some tofu and added that to the mix. For the cashew sauce I just used cashew butter, tamari, hoisin, sriracha, crushed red pepper and a little sesame oil. I thinned it out with a little of the pasta water. These were so delicious!! I remember getting cold sesame noodles at a few different take out places and always being kind of disappointed, These were much better!
It's fuzzy because I had to get the picture before Kanye stopped, but here she is red pawed tearing up my couch! Afro has definitely done the most damage, but they all tear it up!
And here's Joan who is less than thrilled with this picture. She was in one of her favorite hiding spots in the corner of the couch under the blanket. Sorry to bug Joan!






13 comments:

  1. I LOVE cashew butter! My fave! But I don't buy it often for the same reason! I really need to get some soon. It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of wish I hadn't tried it, because it's going to be a really long time before I have it again! But it's sooo good!!

      Delete
  2. Anything other than peanut butter is so expensive here. And it only comes in tiny glass jars, with a huge price tag. (Kraft does make an Almond Spread and a Cashew Spread for a lower price, but they both have milk and sugar in them... what the hell Kraft? )

    My old sofa in Sydney was basically just a scratching post for the cats. I had to leave it by the side of the curb when I moved back to Brisbane because I couldn't sell it or rehome it in that state. Oops. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would they add milk and sugar to them?? That makes no sense!!!
      I have a feeling this couch will die in this apartment. It's already pretty torn up and I've only had it a few months!!!

      Delete
  3. Nice score on the cashew butter; the noodles look great! Kanye looks so shameless about scratching the couch, haha! And cute Joan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really lucked out on the cashew butter. It's so delicious!!
      Kanye is totally shameless!!!

      Delete
  4. My boss loves that jiff cashew butter. I tried telling her that Aldi's has a brand that was pretty cheap, I think $5 for a jar- not the WORST. Still a little cheaper than Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Aldi's and Grocery Outlet!! SLC doesn't really have any discount groceries.

      Delete
    2. I am sure there is something- it is just a matter of learning about it (like I never heard of Grocery Outlet till recently, though there isn't any close enough to make the trip) and if it is near public transport.

      Delete
  5. Cashew butter is so great and I NEVER eat it! I really need to change that. I'm with you, I really don't like almond butter. I love almonds but just don't like almond butter. Great looking juice and smoothie and the cashew butter sauce sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear we're the only two people who on't like almond butter! But you should have some cashew butter, you deserve it! It's so great!

      Delete
  6. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight- more sunlight ahead for us. Yippee! We've had so much snow this winter- it has been pretty, but I am ready for warmer weather. SPRING is soon upon us! Cute kitty pictures. My Snickers has been really playful. We have been letting her run around the house and it has tamed her down. She is a feral cat and I thought she would never settle down. She still isn't a lap cat. What's for supper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for more sunlight!!
      I bet she'll eventually become a lap cat. Sometimes it takes cats awhile to warm up to things.
      I'll have to see what I feel like making when I get home from work.

      Delete