Thursday, March 15, 2018

Wenesday in Reverse

I had just a few very small potatoes that weren't enough to make a meal, and a little carrot that was withering away in my fridge so of course that meant I had to make potato queso! I also had a few flour tortillas from last week's quesadillas that needed to be used. Since they were raw I wasn't sure if I could freeze them. I've always preferred flour over corn tortillas so this was a real treat!
I added a small amount of vegan shreds, along with cilantro rice and black beans, rolled them up and smothered them in the queso, covered the pan in foil and baked for about twenty minutes. Since everything was cooked I just wanted to heat everything up and melt the shreds.
Here's my plate with a little extra queso. This was soooo good!! I cannot recommend potato queso enough. It has the smooth texture of those cheese sauces you pump out at Seven-11 or some place like that. It's probably smoother than a lot of cheese sauces I've made with nuts or vegan cheese.  The green dollops are tomatillo salsa. This was a real use what you have dinner, but it was one of the best things I've made in awhile. Funny how use what you have meals usually turn out amazing.
I've been snacking on this popcorn. It's insanely delicious. It's mild, not spicy and just has a great curry flavor. Yikes I see so much cat hair on the corner of my couch in the background. I haven't figured out how to use the attachment on my vacuum. I need to get on that!

I also had this beautiful green smoothie yesterday while I cleaned. It has frozen mango, maca powder, flaxmeal, banana and spinach. I know it's only psychological but I feel like my smoothie is healthier when it's this green. And it looks like a spring drink!
I realized I pretty much showed what I ate yesterday but in reverse. I guess it's kind of a backwards day for me because I woke up and it was very lightly snowing and I almost gagged! Luckily the snow was very wet an didn't really stick, and now it's turned to rain but it really threw me. I feel funky and weird today. Luckily for me and probably the public at large I'm off so I can hopefully shake it off. I was just wearing flip flops two days ago!!
Can you see little Kanye peeking out from in between Afro and Etta? She is in heaven, she's on the sweater and in between her favorite bellies!







11 comments:

  1. OMG - that cat picture is so adorable! I keep looking at it and chuckling to myself (in a good way). I think I'd be in heaven if I was little Kanye, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And she knows she has the life too.

      Delete
  2. That cheesy sauce looks sooooo creamy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I make it I'm so amazed by the silky cheese-y texture!! It's so good!

      Delete
  3. I've heard about this potato queso, but have not tried it! I'm going to have to look it up! I love a good enchilada bake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love enchilada bakes too! It's one of my favorite easy but impressive dinners!!!
      Potato queso is great!!!

      Delete
  4. Awww the kitties, too cute!! Your potato queso looks seriously incredible, I have to try it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato queso is one of my favorite discoveries so far. And I love that it's so easy and inexpensive to make!!

      Delete
  5. Your dinner looks great, and adorable kitties; Kanye definitely looks like she's incredibly comfy in the middle of the cuddle pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think that was the best nap Kanye has had in a very long time! She is definitely the snuggler of the crew!

      Delete
  6. She looks so happy snuggled in there!
    I hate it when the weather swings back and forth between extremes. Not that we ever really get extreme cold here. And certainly never snow!

    ReplyDelete