Monday, March 12, 2018

Food Rut

I made a soyaki marinade for some tofu yesterday before work and let the tofu bathe in the marinade all night. I swear dreaming about this tofu got me through the rough last couple of hours of my shift. It makes such an easy meal when you get home. I just bake it in the same dish it was marinating in while I make rice. Dinner in twenty minutes, yes please! Marinating and baking the tofu gives it that really great texture like the packaged baked tofu from Wildwood, soyboy and whoever else. I love them all but I rarely buy them because they are always like double or triple the cost of plain tofu. It takes two seconds to whip up a marinade, an you just let the tofu soak up the flavor while you're at work. Then it's just a matter of popping it in the oven for fifteen or twenty minutes. Easy peasy and loads cheaper.You can also slice it into thin long strips and it makes great sandwiches!
I've fallen into a bit of a food rut, maybe just a rut in general but food wise I'll be doing my usual weekly shopping tomorrow and hopefully I'll come up with some new things to make. Spring is here so hopefully I'll be inspired by something. It's been beautiful here the last few days so I've been walking to work and trying to soak up the vitamin D and good vibes. You've got to get the good energy wherever and whenever you can!
This is why Kanye loves snuggling on Etta's belly so much. All that cushion and floof how can anyone resist?



6 comments:

  1. I cannot resist that floof!
    Marinated tofu is one of the greatest joys in life. I love how you can make it into almost any flavour! Though I admit to often being lazy and getting some ready flavoured Japanese-style tofu. But I do love making it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it took me so long to realize the utter awesomeness of marinated tofu!
      Etta's belly is the best!

      Delete
  2. Your dinner looks so good! That's great that you've been having nice weather; hopefully that will help you get some food inspiration!
    So much floof! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marinated tofu is the best. And it feels like I made myself something really nice for not a lot of work.

      Delete
  3. Oooh dinner looks incredible!! I need to start marinating my tofu, that sounds incredible. And yes please to all of the belly floof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you let it marinate all day while you're at work, it is such an easy dinner when you get home!!

      Delete